Gun Story?

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Whats your oldest firearm?
What firearm has the most interesting history or story?

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a colt 1903 that was made between late 1921 and early 1922. I have limited history on this gun but it belonged to my great great grandfather. My great grandfather was sick so my grandfather asked for the gun to pass down. Before my grandfather got it he died suddenly and unexpected. 3 weeks later my great grandfather died. I knew nothing of this gun until my mother's aunts brought it to me. They told me that my grandfather had asked for it so he could pass down. They gave it to me. When I got it the magazine was missing but I had an idea where it might be. I went out to my great grandfathers farm and found it. that was over 4 years ago and it sits with the mag in it with 3 bullets. Just the way I found it. I have multiple rifles that cost thousands of dollars each but this little 32 auto is my most valuable.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My oldest gun is an F&W flip top double action revolver in .38 Colt. It's nickel plated (worn) and sloppy as all get out. I have ammo for it, but won't risk shooting it. It belonged to a man I once knew, he'd traded it to one of my cousins as collateral for a loan... and never sought getting it back. Many moons later (long after his divorce), I dated his daughter for a number of years, didn't work out. I've completely dismantled it, cleaned it, oiled it and put it back together. It's old enough that the ammo fired through it would've been black powder charged metal casings. The gun was given to me by my cousin long after the death of the previous owner, and his daughter having moved on from her first marriage to another.

FW38Colt002.jpg