Guess where I'll be.

SteveR

LSB Member
I pulled the camera chip last night and this was what was there about an hour before. The stand is under the tree just to the right of the pipe, so guess where I'll be this afternoon.04-29-16.jpg

PS: You're welcome to join me rgilbert, I think there's enough for both of us.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
SteveR, that's a great enough picture to warrant a drive up from the city for the afternoon....... However sharing the flu in a small box is not how I like to treat those that are gracious enough to host me......

Wife is sick, I'm still trying to doge it while playing nurse.....

SteveR

LSB Member
SteveR, that's a great enough picture to warrant a drive up from the city for the afternoon....... However sharing the flu in a small box is not how I like to treat those that are gracious enough to host me......

Wife is sick, I'm still trying to doge it while playing nurse.....
Sorry to hear that. Hope you both get better soon.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The killing fields are ripe for action!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looking good! Hope yall get em! (Pics and video preferred!!)

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Time to eradicate!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pork the other white meat! Get some.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What time?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looked like quite a few shooters, and enough footballs to test your shooting skills!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
.SteveR and I went out last night. We did not go to the pig pipe since it was almost dark and there is no way to sneak up on it unless it is. We sat at one of our favorite spots and visited for awhile. I looked down at the corn feeder and there were two hogs in the 100-130lb range. We decided to wait until it was dark to make our approach. All of a sudden they blasted out of there. We did not know what the problem was. He said he saw a LARGE hog walk in and leave. I went to the corn feeder sendero and set up at about 130 yards. He went to the protein feeder sendero and did the same. Directly he flashed his IR light in my direction. I went to his location and watched through the scope with the PVS14 mounted behind it. This hog would come out and dart back into the woods not giving me an opportunity. He came out again and was facing right at us from about 100 yards. I decided to brain him. Just as I pulled the trigger he turned to dart back into the woods and I hit him at the back rib on his right side. Since I was shooting my 223 with a 60 grain Nosler BT I knew he would die, but did not no how long it would take or how much ground he would cover. We gave him about five minutes and started our search. I found blood within ten yards and the fun started. He ran into the thick yaupons and it was rough going. We tracked him for about twenty yards and I lost the blood. Steve kept on the blood and found him about twenty yards further to the right.

I took my four wheeler in running over yaupons and small cedar trees. I was able to get a rope on him and pull him out. We weighed him on two scales. Steve read 250 and mine read 260. I did not want to jinx it but this is my 100th hog. A great one to celebrate.

Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome! Way to get the big boy out of there!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang nice hog great shooting.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great story, great hog.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If it had been GREAT shooting we wouldn't have had to track the dang thing for the better part of an hour.
Sorry Rick, couldn't resist.
At least it was HIS 4 wheeler he drove into rope it up and not your Mule.....