Greetings From Flah-Dah

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
New member here. Was directed here by another member. Retired USN and moved back home to the panhandle of Fla after being in the cold(Maine) for the last 20 years.

I have a "few" firearms and reload for most of them. My main hog slayer is a Bushmaster/Bison AR chambered in 6.8SPCII with a ATN ThOR on top.

I will try to add to this forum the best I can. I like to learn and teach at the same time. Thanks for having me. ---pruhdlr

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome pruhdlr! The Floridians are really taking over here! Those Thors look pretty sweet! Any videos?

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Haven't gotten a mini-recorder as of yet. hearing that there can be/cou;d be some problems with the reticle shift due to stray RF produced by the camera. Will dig into it deeper though.

Recognize you from the 6.8 Forums also. I am a member over there as well. ---pruhdlr

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to yaz...

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think we have more Floridians than Texans now. That's a change. Welcome aboard.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Haven't gotten a mini-recorder as of yet. hearing that there can be/cou;d be some problems with the reticle shift due to stray RF produced by the camera. Will dig into it deeper though.

Recognize you from the 6.8 Forums also. I am a member over there as well. ---pruhdlr

Yes sir that's me! I have also read about the reticle shift on the thor still a sweet set up!

MD1005

North east FL
Pruhdlr, were you in Aviation? I'm guessing since you mentioned Maine. I'm an Airframer over here at NAS jax
FRC we do mostly P-3 components. I have a few friends that were on them up in Maine. Thanks for your service and welcome from another Florida Sailor. Us FL guys will all have to get a hunt going on sometime.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK be fair Pru and give the guys your Guide experience, lots of good info to pass on ..Welcome to the Forum!

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks for the welcome guys. Glad to be here. Sharing experiences with people of like interest makes us all "better" at what we attempt in life. I got rid of my swamp boat a couple of years ago and got completely fed up with hunting Fla WMA's(state land)so for me....it is hunting clubs and some predation permit stuff.

The ThOR thermal(320 3X 60hz)works great sitting on top of my Bison 6.8. Just got two more lowers and have been building them up so that they will be ready,hoping some of this craziness calms down and can pick up the uppers for them. One will definitely be another 6.8 and then.......heck....possibly a 223AI.

Definitely different hunting style in NW Fla than Texas. This is all swamp and the thickest of vegetation. Standing water is the norm . We hunt for the meat and gotta anchor the hogs and deer in place. If they manage to go 50yds it could take you 2 hours to retrieve them.....especially the big ones.

MD1005, did a tour at Brunswick as the rangemaster/armoror(range in Topsham)and then a tour and a half as a S.E.R.E School instructor. Retired there with almost 23 years, then moved to the western mountains for the next 20 years or so.

NOW....just tryin' to relax and stay as healthy as possible for when I start .....uhhhh....gettin' old. --- pruhdlr

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hi ya Smitty .... welcome aboard. ---- pruhdlr