Got my Zeus Pro in!

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After months of waiting I got my Zeus Pro 336 4x 50mm 60hz in. I'm very impressed with the build quality of these pro lines. I always thought the Zeus scopes were very well built, but these Pro models are like a tank.
All the new features are nice and it's very clear.
Haven't got much of a chance to get to use it due to the weather. Up here in Wichita we're experience a record flood, we've had 14" of rain this month and are expecting 4-6 more inches tomorrow. Rivers are already well out of the banks so it's getting pretty dangerous.

But as my luck would have it there's a slight problem with the software of my scope on the digital zoom feature. When I have no zoom added it shows 2x, when I add 2x digital zoom the screen shows 4x, when I add 4x digital zoom the screen shows 8x, and when I click it again to take it back to no digital zoom it stays at 4x digital zoom but the screen shows no zoom added.
Just a slight issue and armasight has already responded with a FedEx return label to send it in. Should just be a software flash. I'm very happy with the way armasight is taking care of me.

Here it is mounted up on my 300 blk.
image.jpg

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
For that type of money being spent you would think that everyone out the door worked!!! Just sayin!!?? THERMAL THERMAL!!!

PS: If I spent thousands on something and it did not work correctly I would be very upset!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Darn, you had me till you said it was mounted on a 300wtf...lol Good luck

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just kidding w you, wish you the best w it, you will be happier all around w the 6.8. So it is going back for repair?

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Giving Armasight a chance to get this right... If not, the rant will begin. They have been helpful so far.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just kidding w you, wish you the best w it, you will be happier all around w the 6.8. So it is going back for repair?
Yup they sent me a FedEx label so I'll be dropping it in the mail after the holiday. They've been very helpful all around so far. They actually rushed out my order since we were filming an episode for the sportsman channel this weekend. Except the flood has canceled that. They're expecting the Wichita river to break record levels by tomorrow

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just went out with it between rains and between my friend and I we killed 11. Didn't get to drag them up for a photo because right as we started shooting it started to rain again so we got out of there.
I'll post a video tonight or in the morning. I'll warn yall know my shooting was quite awful. I didn't get my trigger sticks and was a little tired after walking 800 yards across ankle deep mud.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have all the Armasight and ir defense lines with me everything looks bad here rain rain rain. Actually the animals look great there is just no background it's all wet and the same temperature.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have all the Armasight and ir defense lines with me everything looks bad here rain rain rain. Actually the animals look great there is just no background it's all wet and the same temperature.
That's pretty much what we were dealing with. The sun got out briefly today but it really wasn't enough. You could see roads and the hogs out in the field but it was still pretty hazy. Humidity was at 95%, temperature had reached he dew point, and it was raining.

You have any issues like Dax and I have with our Pros?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No Ive had one of every pro line made for testing they all performed great. The only issue I have had is with a pre production model I have and not getting the battery cap on tight enough. But that is a pre production model the scopes that were released to the public has a different battery cap that works better. Also had a batch of pro lines for when LWRC came to hunt with me, a mix of apollos and zeus all performed great.

My biggest gripe is not with the pro line but with flir and not being able to control the auto gain control n the new cores. I now the washed out background is better for target acquisition but sometimes I want to see the background detail just because its cool.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No Ive had one of every pro line made for testing they all performed great. The only issue I have had is with a pre production model I have and not getting the battery cap on tight enough. But that is a pre production model the scopes that were released to the public has a different battery cap that works better. Also had a batch of pro lines for when LWRC came to hunt with me, a mix of apollos and zeus all performed great.

My biggest gripe is not with the pro line but with flir and not being able to control the auto gain control n the new cores. I now the washed out background is better for target acquisition but sometimes I want to see the background detail just because its cool.
That's good to hear then. Hopefully mine is just a software problem and won't take long to get fixed.

What is your smart scene set at? I turned the smart scene all the way to zero and it stopped washing out the background.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Yep, that is what I am getting with my scope as well. I liked the background detail of the old core better.