Got a Project Going On...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got a smokin' deal on a dartboard/cabinet today. It had two price tags on it... $90 and $40. They honored the $40 price (but, wouldn't let me buy TWO at that price LOL), so I snagged it up. It's pretty sharp, will post up pix after I get it hung.

Yeah... some of the guys at work are starting up a group of dart throwers, sounds like a good way to pass some time in my off hours. (New addiction, it would appear). LOL Have a set of darts around here somewhere, two new sets arrived, two more sets ordered, and the board came with two cheap sets.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sweet, I have a nice cork board that my snap on dealer got me for buying a bunch of tools. I will snap a pic later.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My partner at work is pretty danged good. He placed in the top-ten a few years back in Vegas (International). So... after picking his brains, going with a steel tip board (smaller "double" and "triple" zones), and 18 gram soft tips (with steel point conversions). That way... I can practice with the smaller target areas, be used to the feel of the 18 gram soft tips... should be "more gooder" when I convert to soft tips and throw at a soft tip board. He tells me that steel tipped darts on a soft tipped electronic board are limited to 18 grams in weight... so, that's why I'm going with the 18 gram darts.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I used to play Electronic Darts in leagues around San Antonio, ranked pretty high, it was loads of fun. I think I still have sets of custom built darts somewhere around here.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Competition was tough...
Dartboard001_zps06bcafb6.jpg

But, only the best made it to the inside.
Darboard002_zps909578a1.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool RD...very nice!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I used to play Electronic Darts in leagues around San Antonio, ranked pretty high, it was loads of fun. I think I still have sets of custom built darts somewhere around here.
Cool RD...very nice!

I've never played, bought a board and some darts years ago, they're somewhere in the basement now. LOL Gonna see if I can hit the broad side of a barn.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice. I miss shooting darts