Got a few more last night.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After the Hog hunting Expo in Waco I headed over to hunt my in-laws property. It was raining off and and on, a mild cold front had blown through perfect for hunting! Turns out some of my wifes cousins friends were down there driving around on atvs trying to spot light so the best spot was ruined. :(

But I still manged to find a large boar and got a good neck shot on him. But he manged to make it into a deep ravine I could hear him doing the dirt dance at the bottom but it was way to thick and slippery from the rain for me to go get him in the dark so he stayed down there.

After that I ran into a pair of boars out in a pasture bang flop bang flop and they were both DRT! Turns out one of the boars was someones zombie hog he had been shot in the neck recently the wound was still open and had maggots in it YUCK!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nasty! good going TLM!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That almost looks like a cut from another hog.

There was a small scab on the other side which I assume was an entrance wound. I guess it could be a cut but the wound was very deep and looked like a exit wound to me.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
good job

that's crazy on the other neck shot, i'm guessing either a FMJ or a Gold Dot lol

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good job

that's crazy on the other neck shot, i'm guessing either a FMJ or a Gold Dot lol

Too big of an exit wound half of the wound is packed with mud.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Must have hit the one that got away with a gold dot.

Remember-maggots are natures field doctors.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Must have hit the one that got away with a gold dot.

Remember-maggots are natures field doctors.

No I never hunted with the gold dots at that location.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Too big of an exit wound half of the wound is packed with mud.

that 228lb boar I shot last week had a large hole out its lower shoulder leg where it had previously been shot, all packed with mud but lost the use of the leg as it must have taken out the bone, and I think I may have the one that did it when I rushed a shot the month before

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats, nice to see you're able to get out and hunt again.