Got a Beaver

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
With all the rain last night the creek had really came up. Went back to check on some cows and stopped at the crossing and this guy walks across! Freaked me out! Had no idea what it was. Slung up the 68 and nailed him. He weighs 46 pounds. Gonna take him to get mounted in the morning
null_zps3967d35f.jpg

null_zps37faac0a.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We got smirkage !!! It would appear Colby enjoys beaver over hogs (wink-wink). Congrats there young man. I have a winter hat made from beaver, VERY warm, excellent in wet weather too.

My father once had a parka, made from beaver, trimmed out in wolf and wolverine. When he moved down to live with me after he retired, I asked him where his parka was... "threw it away before I left" was his reply. He paid his neice $2,500 to make that coat for him. Well worn, yes... he wore it daily for much of the year... but, just toss it ?!?! I was sick.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good for you, here in FL there is open season on them like coyotes...that is a pretty big one!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's not a smirk. That's strain on his face from holding a 46 pound beaver at arms length.

I prefer mine around 125-135 pounds and laying down. Sorry I couldn't resist

Nice job Colby.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job! I sometimes get called in to clear out beavers from my folks' creek. They didn't mind the beavers until they started coming up to the house and eating the fruit trees, LOL.

Just curious, why did you take a bit out of the tail, Colby? That isn't how you eat beaver!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not bad as long as you don't think that on a college campus too...

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL