Getting older sucks...

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good,to,hear from you. Hope all,is well.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I was just wondering what happened to you Histo. Hope you are doing well. Nice to hear from you again.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Histo, did you buy that property and move in?
I did buy a home and have moved in. It has an unfinished basement so while it is to hot to do anything outside I am finishing the basement.
I am waiting anxiously for trapping season to start and I am going after a Bull Elk in the first part of October.
I bought my home very close to Zion National Park is a small quiet community; I really like it here. This is the view from my back deck.From Back Deck.JPG

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Histo, got an extra room for me? Beautiful, I miss the mountains my friend!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So this is not the old horse farm with stalls and pens then? That is a beautiful view...good luck!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fabulous view there! Love the red rock in that part of the country. Congrats on the new digs. PARTY AT HISTOPICKER'S !!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah lets have a meet n greet there RD! We would scare his new neighbors!

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love the view. That's my dream hunt, on horse back for a bull elk. Hope you get him!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah lets have a meet n greet there RD! We would scare his new neighbors!
Think he'll let us vaporize some raccoons? (In front of the neighbors)

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Think he'll let us vaporize some raccoons? (In front of the neighbors)
There are many ground squirrels and chipmunks available for target practice. I will be trapping Raccoon's out of the creek bottom come winter. This place is only 3 miles from my Beaver trapping area. I need to restock the freezers; I ran out of hog meat.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Restock the freezer...with Beaver? Ever eat a beaver? ok, that's not going to work here. Ever eat a furry beaver? Well...that probably isn't any better. Ok, Hist, ever eat anything weird?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There are many ground squirrels and chipmunks available for target practice. I will be trapping Raccoon's out of the creek bottom come winter. This place is only 3 miles from my Beaver trapping area. I need to restock the freezers; I ran out of hog meat.
I've got a squirrel cooker I need to christen. We could have a ball with a campfire. LOL We'll have the neighbors on eggshells in no time.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Too,funny eating beaver.... Histo now that is a beautiful view. A nice cup of coffee in the morning looking at that a dream come true!

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Restock the freezer...with Beaver? Ever eat a beaver? ok, that's not going to work here. Ever eat a furry beaver? Well...that probably isn't any better. Ok, Hist, ever eat anything weird?
Yes I eat Beaver meat. It some of the best meat I have ever consumed. I have eaten Zebra and found that to be awesome also. Does that count as weird? Here is a video of a big furry Beaver that I ate.

Last edited:

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've got a squirrel cooker I need to christen. We could have a ball with a campfire. LOL We'll have the neighbors on eggshells in no time.
The neighbors would join right in Mr Dog. We watch over each others family's very closely here. Wonderful group of folks.
It seems I hijacked your thread Ratdog; I am sorry for that.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh hell 60# beaver had no idea they get that big. I promised myself I would not go down the dark side of eating beaver with out or with a pelt.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The neighbors would join right in Mr Dog. We watch over each others family's very closely here. Wonderful group of folks.
It seems I hijacked your thread Ratdog; I am sorry for that.
60#er? That is a big ol' healthy one. Nice work there Kemosabe.

No worries, it's a catch-all thread for life's doings. Fits right in.

Got a little work this week. My neighbor rents out his house. He had EIGHT in there the last year or so. Two of them bought houses, and the whole lot of the moved out.

Been doing some pressure washing for him, replacing lamps in fixtures, repairing/replacing TP holders, tightening some loose faucets. Will be shopping for some lumber tomorrow, need to replace some exterior window casing trim on three windows, a little caulking, and replacing a deck rail after I do some custom shaping to the 2x10 (pressure treated) and miter the ends... and then a little prime/paint for him. Will probably doing some "fill/sealing up" on a couple of mole holes that appeared. He's already set off a couple of sulfur smoke bombs in the holes.

Got a chance to do a little pressure washing on my own place too, a nice added benefit, only cost me the gas to run it.