Getting Bad Up Here

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After church today, stopped in at a local burger joint for lunch. Their front door was OSB, rather than glass. Asked 'em if the dirtbags got 'em again... yep. Now, here's the BAD part. Seattle Police Department officers were waiting for them as they were leaving after burglarizing the place. They were told to get on the ground, and they just walked right passed the Police and left. City Hall and the State Legislature has tied their hands that badly. No hands on, no taking them to the ground, no tazer, just watched 'em leave. Caught in the act.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Washington State is an incredibly beautiful place, but due to the politics, it is on my list of states to never reside in.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm wondering whether or not it's time to go.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You've been there for a number of years, haven't you?

My mother is from Longview, my father is from Tacoma, and I have family in Bellingham.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Born in Bend, OR. Age 4 we went to Anchorage, AK after the earthquake. Dad was a cement finisher, and we followed the work. Age 5 we moved to Seattle (where my mother was born). In my 20s I went to Alaska for 10 years then moved back to Seattle and did the commute to Alaska every two weeks (back and forth for another ten years). I've lived most of my life in Seattle. Dad was from Kotzebue, AK and cement work brought him to Seattle where he met my mom.

I remember when there were TWO tall buildings in Seattle, the Smith Tower, and the Space Needle (built for the '64 World's Fair). I've seen a LOT of changes to this City. It was much better in the 60s. I even remember a Republican Governor (a distant memory however).

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm wondering whether or not it's time to go.
You know deep in your heart that it has been time to go for a while now. It's just hard to give up what you have known for most of your life and just start over with friends and jobs and all that support system that you are used to.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There's one more important consideration I have. IF God wants me in Seattle, then I remain. If He leads me elsewhere, I go. I don't want to be where God does not want me to be. I'm open to notion of going elsewhere.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If he wants you elsewhere, he will also arrange for the support system to be there for you. There are a lot of great people in TX. Just saying.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Indeed, I'm at a point in life where I'm asking Him to guide me to my next chapter.