GEMTECH MIST-22

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Breakdown video of the GEMTECH MIST-22. The MIST is an integrated suppressor/barrel for use with 10/22 type receivers. This specific model will fit any standard 10/22 receiver (not Takedown) and is compatible with virtually any stock that accommodates a bull barrel. The barrel shroud is easily removed for access to the monolithic baffle core for cleaning and general maintenance.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sweet.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh man I bet that sounds good, perfect squirrel and rabid rifle!

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Guys you have no idea how quiet this thing is.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Back in my LEO days (before Al Gore invented the internet), I used to use a .22 short w/sub-sonics (bolt action) with a can on it to keep loose, packed up dogs under control at night (in bush Alaska). The "Hush Puppy" was QUIET. Trigger release and firing pin strike was deafening. LOL... I have a soft spot for a QUIET .22 to this day.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have been considering building up an integrally suppressed 10/22 and am wondering how accuracy is out of the 8" barrel.

Btw, very happy with the TacSol Axiom on my 22/45 Lite that I purchased from Silencer Shop.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have been considering building up an integrally suppressed 10/22 and am wondering how accuracy is out of the 8" barrel.

Btw, very happy with the TacSol Axiom on my 22/45 Lite that I purchased from Silencer Shop.
Good question, I was seeing about 1.5" groups at 50yrds and was hitting a 4" plate 9 out of 10 times at 150 with subsonic ammo. It works well and everyone that gets one is super happy with it.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good question, I was seeing about 1.5" groups at 50yrds and was hitting a 4" plate 9 out of 10 times at 150 with subsonic ammo. It works well and everyone that gets one is super happy with it.

Thanks, that sounds like very acceptable accuracy for my needs. I imagine the fun factor is huge. Plus it's like 2 stamps in one (SBR/suppressor). It's definitely on my "list", hopefully sooner rather than later.

chthump

LSB Member
My thoughts as well, 8" barrel. Looks like a good varmit gun. Considering the size, for a 22, I bet its extremely quiet, considering that the 22 screw ons, are almost hollywood quiet (lower case hollywood).

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What I like is it turns supersonic 22 ammo into subsonic ammo.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What I like is it turns supersonic 22 ammo into subsonic ammo.
Yup, even back in the day, finding sub-sonic .22 shorts was TOUGH. Nowadays, you're lucky to find .22 ANYTHING.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just me speaking personally, it was the quietest .22 that I have ever heard. I was surprised how much of a jaw dropper it was.