Gave Up & Paid For It

Discussion in 'Hunting Stories' started by Bakester, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Bakester

Bakester LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I've been killing a few here and there at my place but getting skunked is the new normal. So what do you do when its been over a year since youve got on decent sounder in an open field? Pay for a hunt! Found an outfit on Facebook that was reasonable and reasonably close (Corsicana) and me and usual partner in crime met up with the crew.

Started out about 10 in two trucks. By 11 me and partner were looking at each other wondering what the hell. It was right about then we got the signal to kill the lights and we stopped. This was the first group and with the piglets included was prolly around 13 hogs. We got all 6 of the bigger ones. This pattern continued until our last group (#6) about 2am. Grand total of 29 stacked. Our longest stalk was the first at about 200 yards. I gotta say I could get used to driving around in A/C comfort (did have scope fog issues) and all but shooting out the window, LOL.

Also have to say that I was amazed at the numbers of hogs that we saw. As much as I am aware of what an issue hogs are, I had no idea the problem was that bad down there.

2. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Hog Hunter SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I drive around to survey my properties. I try not to spend too much time looking at other properties because of all the hogs that I see on them, LOL

Sounds like you had a great time. Congrats!

Bakester likes this.
  3. J BAR K

J BAR K Just trying to make a day. SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Sounds like a good hunt! And that’s a good number of dead hogs! Good shooting. Congratulations!

Bakester likes this.
  4. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

When that trigger finger is itchin' for a hog, a feller's gotta do what a feller's gotta do. Congrats on the kills. Be thankful you can simply go elsewhere to find the hogs to shoot.

Bakester likes this.
  5. scrmblr1982cj8

scrmblr1982cj8 LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

That's awesome!

I moved to Kentucky, so I'm considering a paid hunt since I haven't killed a hog in a few years.

Bakester likes this.
  6. gshock

gshock Banned Member! SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Seems like money well spent!!

7. Bakester

Bakester LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Oh, most definitely!

8. der Teufel

der Teufel Livin' the Dream … SUS VENATOR CLUB

Sounds like an enjoyable experience.

Congratulations!