Friend's 1st Hog - 270lb Tusker

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Talk about a blessing. A buddy of mine had never shot a hog before, just put together a 16" 300BLK and was itching to test it out. We took him to one of our sweet spots, where 2 days prior I had put out a bunch of Code Blue - Sow in Heat Urine.

30 minutes after dark this brute of a boar steps out 20 yards in front of us. When he got out to 45 yards, I hit him with the Elusive Wildlife Kill Light (red) to which the boar was none the wiser. As he was slight quartering, my buddy poked him right behind the shoulder with a 110gr. Barnes TAC-TX factory load. The pig ran approx. 30 yards and expired. Very light blood trail as the bullet did not exit, but literally hit the inside of the opposite shoulder's hide and bounced back into the shoulder. Classic Barnes expansion. I stretched the tape tight on him reading 270lbs. Trophy boar, much less your first boar! God is good.

DSC01187_zpsj5pvyvse.jpg

DSC01189_zpssjmohnst.jpg

IMG_3332%203_zpst8qgiext.jpg

Last edited:

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You've ruined every pig hunt he'll ever have now. Be pretty tuff to top that one!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice job guys. Glad it worked out for you.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That was an awesome hog for anyone, much less the first one out the box. Congrats to the new addictee.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, you can ignore the PM over on the Grendel site. LOL He does have some nice cutters. Is your friend going to have him mounted or at least a Euro mount?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow... what a boar ! Congrats. You put him onto a lifetime thrill hunt.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow that is a nice one for sure. Good to see that Barnes expansion - appreciate the post mortem pic.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A trophy and he was right handed...nice.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The 300BLK and the 110gr Barnes TAC-X has been doing a great job for us over here in Fla. also. Put this bullet where it is supposed to be,at the proper speed, and you will get good results. Ours are used with thermal sights. I believe that the lighter recoil of the 300BLK will help the thermal sights longivity no matter what the mfg states for the "good to go" chambering. I have 6.8's but they have been in the safe lately.

Congratz on a very nice hog and a great shot. --- pruhdlr

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It's going to be a Euro mount on this one.

Also, here's two pictures that we're almost certain is the same pig. The size, coloring of hair around the face, long tufts of hair just above hoofs, etc are almost identical. He may have broke his cutter sometime between January and now.

MFDC0070_zpsrqrqvioo.jpg

MFDC0276_zpskbpp74gf.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You have ruined this first time hog hunter...Congrats!!

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The 300BLK and the 110gr Barnes TAC-X has been doing a great job for us over here in Fla. also. Put this bullet where it is supposed to be,at the proper speed, and you will get good results. Ours are used with thermal sights. I believe that the lighter recoil of the 300BLK will help the thermal sights longivity no matter what the mfg states for the "good to go" chambering. I have 6.8's but they have been in the safe lately.

Congratz on a very nice hog and a great shot. --- pruhdlr
I'm with you, I use a 300 blackout and hand loads with these loaded up. When they go where they need to they do a great job.
Excellent hog!