Friday Nights Hunt

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter

A friend and I went out Friday night to finally be able to hunt after he and I both have been too busy with work lately. On the first two kills we had I forgot both times to hook up my recorder so I didn't get those on video. The first was the single boar and the second was the two smaller boars.
The group I videoed we were able to take out 7 of the 10 in it.
Also a little graphic photo added to show how well my 150 SST .308 loads perform on head shots.

Attachments

• IMG_6009.JPG
    IMG_6009.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6012.JPG
    IMG_6012.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6014.JPG
    IMG_6014.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6022.JPG
    IMG_6022.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6023.JPG
    IMG_6023.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 16
D

djones

full of win! that had it all.... pov video, squealing audio, graphic pics. i will be watching that one over and over.
sign0011_zpsoy8kqymu.gif

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some good shooting! Nice haul of hogs! Happy hunting

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Skidmore...welcome back! Good job not shooting the farm equipment!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So much fun!! Thanks

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video!

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Skidmore...welcome back! Good job not shooting the farm equipment!
Thanks! Been a little shy on posting lately..just been busy at work and trying to get wheat planted so I can have something to shoot the hogs off of!
We spent a solid hour trying to plan how to get the best angle on those pigs. We figured if I took out the lead sow first the rest would run back where they came from towards the river so we set up accordingly. And it actually worked perfectly!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job and great shooting Keaton! That is a nice step up from the blackout you got there.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Outstanding!! Pig brain fertilizer!!! You should bottle/sell that stuff. Tell DJones it's a high-end cologne. He'll buy it by the case.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice. Good dtuff

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job and great shooting Keaton! That is a nice step up from the blackout you got there.
This gun was actually my AR308. I usually use my blackout but have been wanting to use this gun a little more now that I got it tuned right.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome! What scope is that? Great looking picture.
Its the Zeus Pro 336 50mm. The image is pretty good but it has a weird gray affect over it compared to our others. Its one of the very first Zeus Pro's and I really need to send it in for an update on the software.

D

djones

hard to beat that 308. i can't recall shooting any hogs 4 times with mine like i have with the pop gun. i would question the 80% effectiveness statements made regarding the 6.8 but i'm afraid the next time lawdawg talks to me will be to say... 'YOU'RE FIRED"

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well the higher success rates that TLM and others are experiencing with the "pop guns" most likely comes from actually hitting the hogs and not relying on shrapnel and exploding dirt clods to make the kills!!

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
hard to beat that 308. i can't recall shooting any hogs 4 times with mine like i have with the pop gun. i would question the 80% effectiveness statements made regarding the 6.8 but i'm afraid the next time lawdawg talks to me will be to say... 'YOU'RE FIRED"
Yeah hard to beat a 308 for knock down power. That pigs brain shows that. Would have made for a better video if I didn't fall off my shooting sticks making the recoil move the gun so much.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter