Forums on mobile device

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know this may seem like an off the wall question but here goes. Does anyone here use Tapatalk?

I use an App called tapatalk on my iPhone to keep tabs on all of the forums that I am a part of (68forums, RAT/ESEE, Texas Gun Talk, etc.) since I don't have wifi at my house to use my computer.

What would have to be done in order for LSB to be a forum that I could access through Tapatalk? Not only me but everyone that uses there smartphone, tablet etc. for all of their tasks. Instead of having to get on the web and go to the site, Tapatalk keeps all of my forums in one place and makes browsing and reading very easy.

Does anybody have any idea how LSB could be made a forum that was accessible through Tapatalk? Do you have to pay to add your forum to their accessible database or how does that work? Not only would it make browsing the forums much easier from a mobile device or tablet, it may also help the forum grow. Tapatalk has a feature that suggests forums I may like based off of forums already saved in my favorites.

Not saying its a must but might not be a bad thing to check into?

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I also use tapatalk from my iPhone. I went a few months without a computer since it broke right after I bought night vision, so I used my phone for forums almost exclusively. When you're a member of multiple forums, it does make it easier to keep tabs of them with tapatalk

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I also do about 90% of my forum surfing on mobile devices, that was one of the major reasons for using this forum program it auto sizes to each devise. I was not a fan of tap talk when I tried it but that was a while back. I'll look into tap talk see if it will even work.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I removed taptalk from my android, did not like it. Can't anyone post on a smart phone to a forum w/o tap talk?

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah you can. Right now I have LSB bookmarked on my iPhone web browser and that is how I use the forums when I am away from work.

RevMS

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I also do about 90% of my forum surfing on mobile devices, that was one of the major reasons for using this forum program it auto sizes to each devise. I was not a fan of tap talk when I tried it but that was a while back. I'll look into tap talk see if it will even work.

Here you go:

https://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=xnf

If it's anything like working with other forum software it's a simple plug-in.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am a terrible texter, and voice to text is iffy so I seldom post anything from the phone, I know I am old!

RevMS

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I knew we had a techy in the mix somewhere.

heheh.

I've run a couple forums before using Simple Machines forum software. Getting the tapatalk plug-in software running is as simple as uploading it, pressing the install button in the forum software and listing of the forum on the tapatalk site as is detailed in the link I posted above.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok I had everything downloaded and almost ready to install when Frank sent me a link. Turns out there are some serious bugs with this version of tap talk working with XenForo forums program. Some of the bugs are exploits which redirect you to other sites. And third party advertisements showing up in peoples post. The XenForno team notified tap talk about this. No fixes have been offered in seven months by taptalk. So for now this is a definite no go I'm not going to risk it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There you go, I bet a lot of forum software is vulnerable but most users don't go back and look at the tech talk on the software they are using for their forums.

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good catch Todd. It was worth a shot, but definitely not worth having your website hacked and ruined for.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've asked my it friend to check into it. He runs several large forums using this program. When he ok's it I'll install it.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"and this is why we can't have nice things"

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If /when you can get LSB on tapatalk without any bugs, or adware etc, I'm all for it bc I agree with the OP.. But definitely don't do anything that will compromise the way the forum works bc it's still great as is.

tech96

TEXAS
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just bookmark the forum pages and go thru Safari. I tried that Tap Talk and didn't like it.