Forecast is dry, sunny and dead

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
finally some good weather.... Got weds-fri off and gonna make the most of it. Got a new Zeus pro delivery tomorrow , the Apollo is going back. Had issues with parallax and my optic. Liked the Apollo, jus not what I needed. Sight it in after fedex drops it off and heading to nearby 4500 acres. The girl that lives there sent me these pics and is ready to kill um all.....be using the Zeus and IR Hunter...videos soon.

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thermal looked great this past weekend hopefully it will be the same this weekend. It's been so long since it looked that good I had forgotten how awesome it is!

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thermal looked great this past weekend hopefully it will be the same this weekend. It's been so long since it looked that good I had forgotten how awesome it is!
Exactly... Ever since I got the 640's it's been crap weather and they looked better than the 330's by far... Plan on being out all night 3 days in a row... Won't be much good at work on Saturday, but hopefully be behind lowes uploading videos from my patrol car.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Go get them Dax!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck ya!!! Looks like there be hogs there waiting on you! Best of luck. BANG BANG!!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I hope it holds. The thermal looked great last night. Just no hogs. Deer, deer and more deer. And raccoons a plenty.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
and here I got tons of hogs, good weather and NO thermal, just not fair...lol

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So there's a girl that lives on 4500 acres with hogs and she takes pictures of them too. Can you get her # for me.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like you have a mess of fun waiting on ya.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So there's a girl that lives on 4500 acres with hogs and she takes pictures of them too. Can you get her # for me.
Hell... That's her trap. She's a biologist that does research out there. Can't kill anything on that place....except hogs. She drove me around one night till we found some back in the cedars... I shot the first one DRT then got the second one in th a$$.... We stood there laughing for few minutes as that hog grunted and squealed. Good times.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpg Close call tonight.... This sow had a bead on me. I put a bullet through her scope and got her first.first kill with Zeus pro.... Think things are looking up for that optic.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good luck! Pics of the hogs and the owner please.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job on the hog and don't forget to tell Rachael I love her very much. lol

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Best of luck

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hunted hard for three nights... Didn't see anything after the first night. That property is really thick. No shots over 60 yds. Walked over 6 miles, used 18 cr123's and got one hog. Did trap 4 piglets and tried to get the sow but she was happy with the 5 she had left. So I guess it's a total of 5, but no video. After all that rain the grass is 2 to 3 feet high and the cedar is jus as thick. Going to ricksprings next Saturday, try again. Much better property... Can hunt from hill tops and take shots out to 500yds.... My kinda place. Need to find a place south of San Antonio that's flat and not full of pig shaped rocks.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm having the same problem the grass is too high and thick even the big hogs dissappear. One of my kills last night it took me almost an hour to find in an open field.