FLIR Boston Core

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
FLIR Boson® | FLIR Systems

I wonder how long until we start seeing the new FLIR Boston 12 micron cores start showing up in product lines? I would assume Armasight among others would be able to reduce cost some and overall system could maybe be reduced in size with this core. Another big plus you need less lens size for magnification saving cost there also.

It also seems like the Boston could replace the Quark 2 in ultra small systems such as the ATN Odin and Q14 reducing their cost alot?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you click on the bottom (sights) it gives you places to buy them already and they are not any cheaper than what else is out there. Boson Core BANG BANG!!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If you click on the bottom (sights) it gives you places to buy them already and they are not any cheaper than what else is out there. Boson Core BANG BANG!!
Can you post a link to where you can buy that camera right now? I didn't know they were available of yet?

Thanks.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't think they are avaiable yet. I read where they are cheaper to produce vs 17 micron and I promise you the will be cheaper than the Quark 2, which size wise the Boston and Quark 2 look almost the same according to FLIRs specs.

You also get better battery life with the Boston.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Why Boson?

• Thermal Camera Core with Revolutionary Size, Weight & Power (SWaP)
    Its remarkably low SWaP (starting at just 7.5 grams and 4.9 cm3) and extreme flexibility lets you trade features for power consumption
  • Powerful FLIR XIR Video Processing – An Industry-Leading System-on-a-Chip
    FLIR’s expandable infrared video processing with embedded industry-standard interfaces empowers advanced processing and analytics
  • Premium Brand at Value Price
    Boson new design lets FLIR bring you high resolution cameras at low resolution price

Then scroll down all the way to the bottom and click on any of those And then on the top of that is says where to buy and they talk about the same as above. Unless I miss read a bunch on there. But they say the same thing.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Anyone know how they're gonna compare to the BAE 12 micron cores that IR defense uses??