FLIR 12 MICRON THERMOSIGHT PRO

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
For those who have actually gotten their hands on one, how well would this do as a helmet mounted thermal?
I think it would be too big plus it' Ser to be in focus at 50 yards anything closer or.farther will be out of focus.

nonnieselman

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
How far can they be used to effectively scan for game animals? Flir pts233?

This is deer about 550-600 yards
CXLRR7L.jpg

xSiAcTF.jpg

jUuCBWT.jpg

AUQ5LAz.jpg

DarkNight

LSB Member
Sorry if this has already been covered, but for those of you in the know is there any indication the 640 version will have a focusable objective?

AKay

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
NYCHOGKILLER have you had a chance to compare this unit to any 640 unit? Wondering how it performs.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Well, I am not in the know .. but here is top view of a Zeus Boson model ... a.k.a. "FLIR Thermosight Pro 6-24x75 30Hz Thermal Weapon Sight with Boson 320x256"

thermosight-rx_top.jpg

Now if these ever actually get released - based on the pic at least - they would have focus ring ... this is the 75mm model and there is a 50mm model as well ... and though these are shown as 320 models we can continue to dream that the 640 models would not be far behind ... but it might be 1-2 years ...

These are shown as "discontinued" on the night vision guys website ... but that might just mean "pushed out" ... way out ...

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
How well do these 12 micron FLIR cores compare against the existing 12 micron BAE cores?

I did the test using milk jug filled with hot water to see how far away I could detect the object.

With my IRD 35mm I could see the jug out to 1200 yards when I ran out of line of sight.

With my PTS233 I lost sight of the jug after 475 yards.

Not a fair comparison though. 640 core vs 320 core. Detection is greater with any 640 system than a 320.

I don’t think we will know the answer to your question until the flir 640 systems are available?

neorubio

LSB Active Member
What is taking Flir so long? It looks like Armasight was doing better on their own. The next Shot Show will start and this year's products haven't been released...

Last edited: