Fisrt hog with Pulsar Trail XP50

neorubio

LSB Active Member
This was my first night out with the Trail. Didn't know how it worked yet. 4 hogs went to the feeder but missed the first shot, I don't know where it went. I am having some issues zeroing the scope (I have already done it 3 times). After this hunt I went to check the zero and it was 5-6 centimeters down (around 2 inches). After my second hunt went to check again and this time it was 5-6 to the left...a little worried about it. I am going to change it to another rifle and the mount and we'll see. Anyway, hogs were at around 100 yards. FN 270WM rifle, bullet Norma Vulcan 156gr. Video much better through the scope.
Edit: shot is at 2:20 ;)

Last edited:

topwater

This was my first night out with the Trail. Didn't know how it worked yet. 4 hogs went to the feeder but missed the first shot, I don't know where it went. I am having some issues zeroing the scope (I have already done it 3 times). After this hunt I went to check the zero and it was 5-6 centimeters down (around 2 inches). After my second hunt went to check again and this time it was 5-6 to the left...a little worried about it. I am going to change it to another rifle and the mount and we'll see. Anyway, hogs were at around 100 yards. FN 270WM rifle, bullet Norma Vulcan 156gr. Video much better through the scope.

Why did you upload the video in 480p?

neorubio

LSB Active Member
Sounds like the scope is loose.
I tightened it as hard as I could (so hard I broke one screw and had to replace it). Maybe it's the rifle, it's very old (like 50 years!). I inherited from my father and thought it might be a good idea to give it a second chance...maybe it's me. I don't know yet.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot on the running hog! Which part of Spain do you hunt?