Fish in a barrel

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hunting with a buddy up in east TX.

We decided to hunt the feeder closest to the house. I'd been playing with making time lapses using the FLIR Vue Pro and having some fun with it. It's really incredible to watch everything that happens in an area over multiple hours while to dark to see anything.

We set up on the porch... I know I know... roughing it! Occasionally getting up and checking what was moving around until finally the pigs showed up at the late hour of 7:30pm.......

The previous nights time lapse, this one ran from 1am until about 10am. Of course one big ass hog shows up about an hour after I went to bed........ and a coyote showed up far closer to the house than is considered acceptable around the property. It's interesting to watch the air patterns around the pasture as the air warms and cools the grasses.

pig coyote.jpg

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fascinating.

Gives me an entirely new perspective on sounded behavior on both approach and dispersal after the shot.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That time lapse feature is way cool. Sure does bring one's perception into perspective. Nice work there Kemosabe.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks guys. It's really showing to be the best game camera setup. To be able to take a still image every few seconds over hours and see everything going on in the dark is still absolutely amazing to me!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
pretty cool, sure is interesting, I have a trail cam that is a plot watcher and I like that feature

JPK

LSB Active Member
Thanks guys. It's really showing to be the best game camera setup. To be able to take a still image every few seconds over hours and see everything going on in the dark is still absolutely amazing to me!

It really is informative. Lets you know what's happening through the night in a pretty wide FOV.

JPK

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
pretty cool, sure is interesting, I have a trail cam that is a plot watcher and I like that feature
I've got that feature on a couple of mine as well, but I've not tried it yet. How well does it work at night?

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So cool, I can't even imagine how useful that would be. Game changer

JeremyV

LSB Member
That's awesome! never seen a thermal time laps.
I'm still waiting on my first thermal (zeus 640 30hz 2x 42mm) its on order and should be here soon I hope! I can't wait to get out and start watching game like you guys are. I2 is a little disappointing compared to looking at this.