First pig in new trap

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nasty cutters on that beast. Good lookin' hog.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I asked him what he did with him. He said buzzard bait. I would like to have a skull like that for a European mount.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My freezer is jealous ! Buzzards don't deserve fresh kill that looks that healthy.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We have quite a few black white spots. Have one that looks like a Hampshire. He is black with a white collar. I agree with you Histopicker, the big stinky boars are not good for much. We have too many good sized eaters running around to eat an old boar.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We have quite a few black white spots. Have one that looks like a Hampshire. He is black with a white collar. I agree with you Histopicker, the big stinky boars are not good for much. We have too many good sized eaters running around to eat an old boar.
Actually my comment was meaning for eating, I really like busting those bigger boars. But yes, buzzard bait.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Actually my comment was meaning for eating, I really like busting those bigger boars. But yes, buzzard bait.
I knew what you meant. I love shooting the bigger ones too. have to get my hands on one now for the SUS Venator Club. What I meant was we have lots of good eaters to choose from for the table.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely done! Bet he had attitude- Is that three separate drop-down trapdoors?
Yes. I do not believe they drop though. I think the pigs just root in to get the bait. Allows them to keep coming in. I will ask him later to be sure. He said he was mean as hell.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I knew what you meant. I love shooting the bigger ones too. have to get my hands on one now for the SUS Venator Club. What I meant was we have lots of good eaters to choose from for the table.
yes sir you are right, those three cattle feed eating hogs I killed this morning will provide some of that good eating. And as an added bonus, they should be disease free considering all the antibiotics the put in feed lot cattle feed.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
He doesn't look happy about it. Looks like the trap worked great.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just talked to the guy out at the lease. Said he was trying to tear the trap apart to get to him. Said he shot some video of it. Asked him to send it to me.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just talked to the guy out at the lease. Said he was trying to tear the trap apart to get to him. Said he shot some video of it. Asked him to send it to me.
Doesn't surprise me... his stance screams of attitude... as well as that froth at the base of his cutter. Would love to see that clip.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lemme see if this works for ya.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank you sir

To borrow a line from one of my favorite flicks (Dances With Wolves)... "Good... Trade..." Glad to be able to help/contribute a little sumpin'.