first kills with ir hunter mkii. 5 or 6 hogs. 4 foxes. 1 porcupine

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
gotta go to bed.. ill try to throw in a quick story later on this past trip to my dads place.

Got back straps from all 5 recovered hogs.

This hog (taped at 180 .. tape pulled so snug the metal clip on the end of the tape measure ripped out) took 3 hits to anchor. Pretty sure first hit he was quartering towards me into the neck/shoulder, he turned to run away and 2nd shot was in the left booty, which put him down, but he kept trying to get up. 3rd shot hit head/face and no more movement after that. bullet from left booty entrance shot was recovered about midway up the body on the right just under the skin. Found the core while getting the back straps. Core had separated from jacket. Video only recorded audio on this one Bc the video cord was 3/4 of the way out from when I slung the gun across my back to climb down from the stand and approach this bait spot.

[URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/blakemeadors/media/Mobile%20Uploads/033381AC-BF00-4FC3-B4E5-014E19B3BBFF_zpsju4dyup2.jpg.html] [/URL]

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shootin' there. Now, if some old man would just hurry up and get your knife back to ya, you wouldn't have to be guttin' 'em by usin' yer teeth.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Haha, you are more than excused for the heavenly deeds you performed for your friend rather than putting a rush on the knife sheath.
I actually used a pocket knife from my same grandfather that I got from him about 18 years ago now that I think about it. Except he gave me that one for fishing at his lake house when I was about 12.
Just added pics of another hi from last week in case the "edit" didn't notify you.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Your grandfather did a good job of making sure he got you a good start on your blade inventory. Good on him.

What bullet were you using for that hunt? 120 SST? Good to hear you have a nice supply of back straps for the freezer. Nice work.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank you. Definitely some good white bass fishing and catfish on the trot line memories with him and all the grandkids.
Yes the 120 sst. Gun is my brother in laws bison armory 6.8 11.5 inch sbr. His Spec war suppressor. My 640 IR Hunter mkii 35mm.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Memories of outings with family are the best.

Ben's (Bison Armory) barrels have a good rep for being accurate. My 8.5" pistol barrel (6.8) is a Bison barrel. No complaints thus far. Overall, though... I'm a big *** fan. My 16" 6.8 is one of his. I have three other barrels from him that have yet to build.

You done good getting a good piece of glass. So many focus on the gun and settle for some scab of a scope. LOL

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I recently got a 12.5 inch *** scout upper from HDfireman at blackstone arms. He was veerrrry patient and helpful to me with this upper. His communication and customer service are top notch. Now to SBR it and wait on the suppressor stamp as well (sig srd 762 titanium qd.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down and good shooting !

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Way to go Blake. Those are some nice hogs. Good eating ahead also.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was a good job, those 120SST put them down!

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks yall. Good to finally get out hunting for a few days again.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
did you eat the porcupine?