First Hunt with Gemtech Integra and Pulsar XP50

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Integra performed flawlessly, was accurate, light, and quiet! I want one of my own now!

For this hunt I had the prototype Pulsar XP50 Trail scope and XP38 Helion monocular. I'm just going to say this right now all the videos Ive seen online including this one do not do these units justice, my estimation is about a 20 to 30 percent image clarity loss in the video out so keep that in mind.

Cavity back sent their .308 125gr bullets to test in the 10.5" barrel, they did not perform to expectation and he has noted on the Web sight they should be used in 16" barrels with the blackout for tough game. I have no doubt they will perform with just a bit more velocity, These are the same bullets Homebrewer is having great success with in the 30 herrett.

Enjoy the video it's kinda like watching DJ shoot but with hits instead of misses!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man cool video, that's a lot of hits. Not only did it sound like a 22lr it hit like a 22lr with that ammo. I tried some of the lighter factory loaded 120gr Blackout ammo and ran into the same problem even with a 16" barrel. Scope looks good, you've come over to the Pulsar dark side, at least for a while. Btw nice choice of reticle ;)

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good vid and some nice shooting ... can't wait till the next!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very interesting to see the Gemtech Integra built for 30 blackout. Would really set up and take notice if Gemtech marketed a similar unit in 6.8 with 12.5" barrel length...
Pulsar XP50 Trail has some outstanding new features. Can't wait to see more of these in the field!

neorubio

LSB Active Member
Great video, as usual ;)

At 13:59 looks like your scope is not zeroed? The bullet went too high.

dman62

LSB Member
You need a bigger stick. That is a neat looking upper though. If you get a chance I'd like to see you use a 7.62x39 upper on hogs with various ammo.

D

djones

no country for old men...

Lawman: Call me when you've had enough. I can even let you keep a little of the reap-ir manual.

Takko: If I was cuttin' deals, why wouldn't I go deal with this guy djones?

Lawman: No no no. You don't understand. You can't make a deal with him. Even if you gave him the manual, he'd still kill you. He's a peculiar man. You could even say that he has principles. Principles that transcend pigs or manuals or anything like that. He's not like you. He's not even like me.

Takko: He don't talk as much as you, I give him points for that.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
another reason to NOT use the 300wtf..great video, love the Gemtec, just not for hunting hogs..pulsar is looking good

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Even in magnification the picture looked good/better than the older units. Well,,, just dump a whole mag on him!!!:) That was great, thanks for posting. BANG BANG!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very interesting to see the Gemtech Integra built for 30 blackout. Would really set up and take notice if Gemtech marketed a similar unit in 6.8 with 12.5" barrel length...
Pulsar XP50 Trail has some outstanding new features. Can't wait to see more of these in the field!
Nor me 6.8 is too neutered in a sbr. If I'm going sbr it will be .308, 300bo, or 7.62x39
another reason to NOT use the 300wtf..great video, love the Gemtec, just not for hunting hogs..pulsar is looking good
Blackout is fine just this bullet was designed for .308 speeds pretty simple.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video, as usual ;)

At 13:59 looks like your scope is not zeroed? The bullet went too high.
No that is blood splatter, he had 9 entrance wounds on that side it was a velocity and bullet issue not a hitting issue.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
not simple to me...bottom line there are better calibers for the job...did I see the 300WTF bullets bouncing off as you were hitting the hogs??? ;)

D

djones

get his banners lawman!!
duel_zpsv9r2cl0q.gif

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
not simple to me...bottom line there are better calibers for the job...did I see the 300WTF bullets bouncing off as you were hitting the hogs??? ;)
Well of course there are always better but it's not like the blackout won't work, this combo didn't work and hopefully I helped many many people from making this mistake.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the 300 for killing people and room clearing, I love the idea of integral suppressors and yeah we know a 17 will kill a hog.I am just not a fan.. Yes I also know you have to try all the combos out and lots of people like the 300, just not for me.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I like the 300 for killing people and room clearing, I love the idea of integral suppressors and yeah we know a 17 will kill a hog.I am just not a fan.. Yes I also know you have to try all the combos out and lots of people like the 300, just not for me.
Well, speaking only for myself, I haven't been in the business of killing people for over 40 years!
But I'll agree there are better weapons than the 300 BLK for hogs, but I find it works adequately for stalking and shooting. In an open field I'll bring my AR-10, but if I'm walking around the Blackout is much easier to carry.

chthump

LSB Member
"Tired of your neighbors dog?" Is that silencershops new logo or you going to start a contract business, gun for hire?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"Tired of your neighbors dog?" Is that silencershops new logo or you going to start a contract business, gun for hire?
It's a silencer shop shirt from last year.

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So glad I made the transition to 6.8 on all my night rigs. That mag dump on that one was like every pig I killed with blackout. You almost wonder if you're hitting them. That giant in my avatar was a blackout sbr kill and it took most of a mag.