First Hog with Pulsar Apex LRF XQ38

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This was my first time being able to hunt with the Pulsar Apex LRF XQ38. I really like the Apex line of scopes. I am not sure why Pulsar decided to go with the laser rangefinding on the Apex line instead of the new Trail line of scopes, but they did. The laser rangefinder works as it should and I was able to use it real time in the field to assess the distance to the hogs.

I don't know what happened with the first hog - user error on my part changing batteries in the dark and not getting the battery door closed properly. It popped during recoil and I lost video. The hog is probably back in the woods.

So as I started my search, I saw the sounder again, but farther north, despite the fact I last saw them running west. So I am wondering if maybe this second sighting is actually a second sounder. Don't know, but dropped a 205 lb sow from the group, the rest running back in a direction I could not shoot.

They will be back. They always come back...

neorubio

LSB Active Member
A pity you didn't find the first one. The Apex looks really good for barely half the money I paid for the Trail.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going. The first one is likely buzzard bait, but they gotta eat too.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog down!! Enjoy your safety practices as well

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL, the landowners get the videos. They want to know that I am heeding their requests, particularly in regard to safety. They can't always tell from just the video, however, so I try to explain things.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tater-Sack drops is kewl. My money's on the first one being dead too.