First Boar of 2014!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
100_1845reduced.JPG Finally! Got this little guy just outside of Montague, Texas. He wasn't too keen on dying quickly despite a hole in his head that exited his ear, so I delivered a finishing shot that cut a deep swath through the top/side of his neck that seemed to quiet him sufficiently. I don't like it when they act like they might get up again.

Angry Bird refused to go into the field because it was so cold, but graced us with his presence once we got back to the barn.

Picked up the cookies on the way home to feed the hog monkeys.

6.5 Grendel shooting Hornady 123 gr. SST ammo
Pulsar N750
UNV20IR illuminator

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love it, welcome AB, good job, surprised he was still going after the first shot! COOKIES!!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great job Doc. What IR light are you using with the digital scope? Looks like the hog's eyes were reflecting a lot of light.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
and it is on sale right now...LOL

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
congrats Brian, I probably would have whacked another round in it quicker lol, I've learned from experience, I know you have also, damn things are tough

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Nice shootin! Looked like daytime!
That pig could dance :D

With added lens it will throw farther and better focus I believe, I have 4 coming in to play with under 70.00 ea from across the pond.

For those who use digital http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5666

_MG_6980.jpg

Hard_ware

Guy on the UK forum nitrojoe builds them. I have a source mouser electronics here in TX for the oslon blacks $10 and the stars $1 a couple $ for S&H. I have to solder them no biggie and setup regulator $5, the t20 from china under $30, so building them myself they are about 50.00 in parts. I asked him to make me a few since he has most parts in hand cost about $20 more then if I built them. If all goes well I will have some for forum members under 100.00 with a mod to have 0-100% adjustable output with the turn of a knob that will stay at whatever setting you left it at, just add your own batts & charger and save 100.00. Not looking to make any $$$ from the active members hope they perform well. All types of lenses can be added to increase range for cheap.

Last edited:

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
how about start a new thread on the T20 mods? shouldn't be hard for others to build

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeas please, I am in for this lesson, they use 18650 batteries?

Hard_ware

yes 18650 , as soon as my units arrive I will post pics and start a thread