First Ar Pistol Hunt

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That looks like a winner. The reviews are pretty good. Hard to believe a brake can make that big of a difference but it appears to be the case huh?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As I recall... when talking muzzle devices, flash hiders do just that, brakes help with recoil management, the linear comp directs noise downrange. I don't know what class the Flaming Pig falls into, but I was talking a linear comp for easing the abuse on the shooter's ears.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's a muzzle brake. It really makes a big difference blowing that gas and noise away from the shooter. Not saying you'll be able to shoot without plugs, but it'll help with it rocking your world with every trigger pull.....

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Inktristink... always was curious what all the Flaming Pig did. Now I'm curious to try one some time.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was walking tonight and kept checking and double checking my earplugs. lol

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was talking about the other one. Not the flaming pig one.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was talking about the other one. Not the flaming pig one.

Clint makes some good gear. I was also going to suggest looking at the new linear comp by ***... but, it would appear that at present, it's only offered in the 5/8" x 24 thread configuration, not yet in the 1/2" x 28 used by the .223/5.56.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The new Pig KX5 is about half the weight of the KX3. That looks like it would be a good option. It says call for availability on the Noveske sight.