First Ar Pistol Hunt

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Blew my ears out. Hogs fighting over baby fawn they killed! Took a head shot next to a tree at 10 yds. Need a little fine tuning yet. No Recovery.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fast a furious!! That little one was movin!! There after you shot were those pigs in the bush still making noise for a few?? I thought I heard a couple grunts after all that. BANG BANG!!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Lol, well you learned a couple things, short barrels are loud, non buffer tubed pistols are hard to shooot and more to plink with. Fun watching your videos though.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well? Didja find any blood from a hit? Note to self, do NOT forget the hearing protection when bringing a flame thrower into the woods. Was that their kill, or did they steal it from a bobcat or 'yote?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looked like fun Dan, hard to hold steady with that thing, I tried it w a 22 model and quickly got rid of it.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I stuck some ear plugs in the grip so I am not w/o them ever again. Still can't hear right. I will get it sighted in if it ever stops raining and go kill some hogs with it. I have killed a handful of hogs with a Ruger 22 mag revolver a couple years ago, so I know I can do it just need some practice and get sighted in. Those hogs were only 10 yds away. It was an awesome opportunity, just wish I would have had a chance to shoot it beforehand. Those hogs kill a lot of fawns, they bed in the same thick cover that the doe's use to give birth. Makes you want to kill them even more than normal. Lol Lot of fun!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good plan there Kemosabe. Tinnitus is NO fun, no fun at all. Go forth and slay 'em, slay 'em all !!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good plan there Kemosabe. Tinnitus is NO fun, no fun at all. Go forth and slay 'em, slay 'em all !!
I hear that, kind of. I just sent in 2 donation checks, this morning. One to the American Tinnitus Foundation and the other to the Clinton Foundation, you know, to help them out a bit.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have had Tinnitus since Vietnam, hey it is worth 10% from the VA...never without the loud ringing, in stereo

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just had breakfast with a friend this morning. I told him about my hearing. He said he got new hearing aids just yesterday, I asked him what kind they were, he said "it's 7:22". Hmmm

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have had Tinnitus since Vietnam, hey it is worth 10% from the VA...never without the loud ringing, in stereo
Yeah, but, will Tinnitus get you 10% at WalMart?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah My VA ID card does that w Service connected disability

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good on yaz.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Short upper are loud suckers for sure!
Tell you the truth Oso, after the first shot I wanted to lay down in the fetal position and pack mud in my ears. It was the loudest thing I have ever heard and very unpleasant to say the least. Can I turn the muzzle break so the slot on top points down?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yep RD That is what i USE too

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use a noveske "pig" muzzle brake on my 7.5" 223 upper. It really makes a difference in cutting down some of the concussion from the short barrel.

It never occurred to me that you'd shoot that sucker without ear plugs! Without the brake, mine rattles my clothes!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had the pig on my 8.5" 6.8 and got rid of it way too heavy, but it was a fun blow torch