Film through eyepiece

sigfla

LSB Member
351F114B-0CE4-4C7D-AC95-62D18E3E9F53.jpeg For those who wish to film through their eyepiece I have found the following lower cost solution. Phone Skope makers a phone case and adapter that will fit around your eyepiece. It’s similar to other options out there but much cheaper. I ordered a custom 42mm adapter for my pvs14 eyepiece and IR Hunter. It fits snug but not too tight at all. The film through my iPhone is so far excellent once you turn down the exposure a bit. The only negative I have encountered is the weight of the phone will turn the eyepiece if you aren’t careful. In all it’s less than $100 with a custom adapter (universal ones are available) and it works. Here are pics.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does not withstand recoil, and makes follow up shots pretty difficult.

sigfla

LSB Member
Haven't fired with it yet. Takes great static pix and video though. I only get 1 shot with my setup so follow ups are none existent. Gonna try it out at the range and see how it works under fire. Their "Skoped Vision" unit for riflescopes might work better but I didn't want to drop the coin and not have it fit the eyepiece. A guy on Youtube is gonna try the Skoped Vision unit on his Pulsar soon so I'll see how that works for him.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Haven't fired with it yet. Takes great static pix and video though. I only get 1 shot with my setup so follow ups are none existent. Gonna try it out at the range and see how it works under fire. Their "Skoped Vision" unit for riflescopes might work better but I didn't want to drop the coin and not have it fit the eyepiece. A guy on Youtube is gonna try the Skoped Vision unit on his Pulsar soon so I'll see how that works for him.
Hope it works but I've tried and tested just about every video recording devise on the market. These friction mounted or even the ones with screws just do not hold up to much over 22lr in my experience.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have seen 2 and agree with TLM. Even worse, your phone then ends up sticking off to the side and can be knocked/torqued off if you aren't careful. This runs the risk of breaking the mount, but potentially damaging the phone or the scope depending on the type of mount. The setup is pretty much only reasonable for hunting from inside a stand, not for stalking and such. Never mind the whole backlight issue.

sigfla

LSB Member
Just looked at the Skoped Vision unit to see if it would work on my IR Hunter. The ratchet strap that attaches the unit to the scope likely wouldn't fit between the IR hunter and the Larue Mount. Someone else pointed this issue out on another thread but I cannot remember the circumstance. Pity bc it appears to have enough clearance otherwise. The mount is just too close to the bottom of the eyepiece end of the scope. If I could buy another mount and it wasn't a huge deal I would cut a slight relief in it as it appears to be in a non crucial area. I wouldn't bother for my phone but the GoPro adapter setup looks interesting enough.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just looked at the Skoped Vision unit to see if it would work on my IR Hunter. The ratchet strap that attaches the unit to the scope likely wouldn't fit between the IR hunter and the Larue Mount. Someone else pointed this issue out on another thread but I cannot remember the circumstance. Pity bc it appears to have enough clearance otherwise. The mount is just too close to the bottom of the eyepiece end of the scope. If I could buy another mount and it wasn't a huge deal I would cut a slight relief in it as it appears to be in a non crucial area. I wouldn't bother for my phone but the GoPro adapter setup looks interesting enough.
I've tried the gopro mounts also was disappointed again. The LPMR is the only thing I have found that actually works. I have a prototype the full consumer version will hopefully be ready soon.

sigfla

LSB Member
Much lower profile on that unit. If the price point stays as suggested it’s a winner to me. Didn’t know that was coming out.