Field Testing New Gear

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got in some new 6.5 Grendel Federal Berger 130 gr. Hybrid OTM about the same time I got some new Alexander Arms E-Lander magazines and a Kynshot hydraulic buffer. So Saturday ended up being a day of testing and field testing.

We only recovered two of the hogs I shot. The first lost hog was simply poor shot placement due to being unsteady on a freshly plowed slope and I have no clue what happened to the 2nd hog (part 2) that was lost as it was shot (at) by multiple shooters. Otherwise, the shots that connected on the two small hogs were generally very nasty and did a lot of damage. I look forward to trying these rounds on a larger hog.

The Kynshot hydraulic buffer is just plain COOL! It isn't that the Grendel has massive recoil and needs to have a buffer, but it certainly takes the sharpness out of the recoil.

Boone, "The Wonder Horse" kept us from getting on to a lone boar, but he was sure fun to watch as he protected his pasture. Every time the boar tried to cross the pasture, Boone would drive him back to the tree/fence line. Eventually, the boar just gave up and left.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Boone don't take no chit! Nice 'yote. AB brought game.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good vid and good hogs and coyote down!

D

djones

your vids sure are high quality.

turn boone into a bar of soap and kill the boar.