Female hunter shoots, kills man after mistaking him for hog, coroner says

chthump

LSB Member
I hate reading stories like this, negligent, pulling the trigger on something bright , could have been anything. Like Brian said, be 100% Identify or pass on the shot, I know on this forum, I singing to choir. Ive had more than a couple of objects in my crosshairs that turned out, not to be hogs, and ive studied hogs for 20 minutes before IDing them.

4 simple little rules

Treat all guns as if there loaded
Never point a gun at anything you don't want to kill
Gun/finger control, on the target, on the trigger, off the target, off the trigger
Be sure of your target and what's behind it

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah I don't want to see the kill shot but I would like to see the image before she shot. ATN has to be a newer one with the internal recording, the old ones (the really good THOR's) did not have that

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I imagine the guy was shooting/hunting prone on a mat or something. Why is it reallly relevant that it was at night? A dumbass killed someone. It's not an I2 versus thermal debate that's playing out on other forums.....to me anyway.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah I don't want to see the kill shot but I would like to see the image before she shot. ATN has to be a newer one with the internal recording, the old ones (the really good THOR's) did not have that

Yes, but the old Thors did have the ability for external recording, but chances are that you are right in that it is a new model and I would guess it is a lower end model.