Exstravaganza

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I may. Going to Ident tomorrow to pick up my suppressor. Will Rogers correct?

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is at the Will Rogers and was packed yesterday. Mostly oriented towards Deer hunting, Ton of product display as well as major ranch areas. Pigs not so much but if you ask then just about every Tx location has pig problems. You will pay to park and to get in. Nothing free anymore. It is a big display and it took me about three hours to walk the entire thing ,of course that incleded asking questions and oggling all the skimpyly dressed women!!

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heading out in a it with Shawn. Hopefully it won't take 3 hours.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is at the Will Rogers and was packed yesterday. Mostly oriented towards Deer hunting, Ton of product display as well as major ranch areas. Pigs not so much but if you ask then just about every Tx location has pig problems. You will pay to park and to get in. Nothing free anymore. It is a big display and it took me about three hours to walk the entire thing ,of course that incleded asking questions and oggling all the skimpyly dressed women!!

you old dog you, I love it!!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You would have loved it Frank !! There are some neat feeders out there now, They will do everything except grow the corn and kill the pigs. Only saw a couple displays of game cams.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I was more interested in the oggling all the skimpily dressed women!! LOL

OK so talk to me about the feeders.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think we need to set up our own booth next year and do some real education about hog hunting equipment. All the hog stuff I saw was light related. They had a few helicopter hog hunts. But nothing that equally represents our combined knowledge base and experience. Who is in?!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you are correct but that show is oriented 90% toward trophy deer and all the goodies that go with it, I stopped at one displat and was talking to them and they said they are now baiting fields for deer. I mentioned pigs and they got all excited and said they have them by the truck load but do not advertise the hunts as they do interfere with the deer, they had no idea what hunting pigs at night can be like, They have no NV or thermal, but were very interested. Told me 500$ for a total weekend. Lodging, food and showing me around. Many places like that at the show. WHEN they do hunt pigs it is early AM and late PM at dusk.

I talked to HD at Ident about doing a table but they are just too busy right now. Tables cost money and you need to be ready to commit four days to it= but more importantly you must have something to sell or rep. That is not easy for this group as we simply do not have land that can be hunted freely. Damn near all our spots are as a direct result of personal relationships.

No doubt that we have more info than many of the tables there did, The L3 folks were nice but useless and either did not know their products or lied. Mostly we were talking about the lwts and its capabilities and how it gets distributed thru SOCOM, and the poor product handling in the US.