Exciting New Book on Hog Hunting

marineimaging

LSB Member
I am going to write an exciting new book on hog hunting! It is entitled, "How to Hunt Wisely Without Increasing Pressure On Swine In America." In chapter one we see the author preparing for days in advance. On the first morning of his venture into the historic Davy Crockett Primitive Woodlands he spends hours placing everything needed for a Safari of 200 into his truck. Here we see Brave Hog Hunter waving goodbye to his wife. Excitement abounds. excitement.... wanes. The battery is as dead as a doornail. BOTH are dead. One is brand new. Luckily, Brave Hog Hunter has a spare from his RV. It is only slightly larger than the original and the negative post hits the hood every time Brave Hog Hunter tries to close it. No problem, BHH grabs a ball peen hammer and shows how it smoothly moves metal out of the way. 3 hours later BHH finally has a full charge in the new battery and cranks the engine! Again, he waves goodbye to his wife of 30 years again and drops the 1 ton truck into Drive. Looking at the clock he figures if he can run it at around 78mph all the way to the Primitive Woodlands without getting a ticket or stopping for anything to eat he can just get into the hunters camp before dark. This will give him enough time to....,
more to follow, later.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
BUT?! Can BHH's bladder make it as far as his ambition?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like an interesting hunt you were/did go/ing on before the deer hunters this weekend!?? BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That ball peen fix sounds expensive to fix.

marineimaging

LSB Member
Sounds like an interesting hunt you were/did go/ing on before the deer hunters this weekend!?? BANG BANG!!
Actually, I had a plan. Thursday nite and Friday nite I would hunt hogs as best I could without a nite scope. I set up on a water hole and set up my lantern with just enough light to barely illuminate the area. In my scope I could see enough fine details to know what I was aiming at, otherwise I would not have attempted this stunt. Anyway, I set up about 75 yards off and waited until 1:30am the first night and 11:00 the second night. No joy. There were oak trees everywhere and deer sign everywhere, but no acorns and no hoggies.

I had cleared all of the straw and leaves and twigs to bare ground were I was staging to make sure I didn't make any crackle sounds and the next morning there were deer tracks from 3 or 4 deer all over the bare spaces. Without any hogs I decided to join the crazies for deer Saturday morning. I got out just before daybreak and went back to the same spot. I saw two does, a spike (with both branches), and a marginal buck that I saw only 50 yards away. His head was behind a stand of trees and I wanted to make sure he had a full spread over 13in so by the time I got my 06 up and level he was disappearing behind the trees. I waited and waited for him to come out. Finally decided he must have climbed one of the trees or was laying down and so I snuck over there only to find that he had walked straight away from me without veering out into my line of site. Oh, well. At least I wasn't on TV where everybody could see me get skunked. LOL