EWT IR KILL LIGHT 840 and 940 wavelength test.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is the Elusive wildlife Technologies XLR 750 HD IR illuminator tested with digital and 3rd gen night vision on a moonless cloudless night.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good comparison

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I found this to be really useful.

On board illuminators alone are usually not up to handling a wide variety of situations in the field; I believe having a reliable and variable adjunct illuminator is necessary.

Great technical info for someone who wants to get the best performance possible from a $500 NV scope, but doesn't want to inadvertently spend more than necessary.

I'm one of them.

My thermal was out of action recently, and I had to "downgrade" to my backup rifle with NV scope, with these results.

image.jpg

Listen to advice like this, match your equipment carefully, and you don't have to spend thousands of dollars to do some damage and have fun in the field.

Thanks for the video!

Last edited:

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Guys around here that I talk to about NV have usually done their "homework" about the different units but do not have a clue about illuminators. They put out good money for the NV assuming that the built in IR illuminator will give them the distance and clarity needed/wanted.
Most buyers of NV can come up with $1000.- $1200. I try to convince them that part of their money should be spent on a illuminator that "matches" the performance of their NV. Most will buy a NVD at the very top end of their budget,leaving nothing extra,and them stuck with a less than adaquate night hunting system. --- pruhdlr

Steve

LSB Member
This is the Elusive wildlife Technologies XLR 750 HD IR illuminator tested with digital and 3rd gen night vision on a moonless cloudless night.

Thanks for the video. This was a good demonstration.

From your experience with like conditions at night, what kind of range were you able to get from the 840 and 940 on the Gen 3?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the video. This was a good demonstration.

From your experience with like conditions at night, what kind of range were you able to get from the 840 and 940 on the Gen 3?

That is 940 in the rain on a tree line 750 yards away it was still super almost too bright. I didn't have the dimmer switch at the time.
IMG_5971.JPG

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have and use most of these lights or their clones, they are great. I have found during rain the 840 is unusable but the 940 can be used about 1/2 the distance

D

djones

isn't this stranger ranger's area? i'm going to have to hear from him before i believe any of this!

Lisagrantb

Fixing to get an ir light and started doing my homework and now I'm confused. I talked to a very reputable dealer in thermal and nv yesterday and he specifically said it would be better to use a 840nm light with my G3 pvs 14 vs the 900+. The video shows just the opposite. So what gives.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What specific technical reasons did he provide for his recommendation?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not really technical reasons he just said you would be able to see further and be brighter with the 840 vs the 900+
Not all 3rd Gen night vision is equal. Maybe he knows the tube you have isn't that bright???

Lisagrantb

He doesn't know my tube from Adam. My tube has above average numbers but not a screamer. What would you recommend for a light to accomplish 1) cut the bloom of ir laser under 100 yards and aid in very dark cloudy nights and 2) at some point in the future aiding in a long range ir setup with ranges out to 600