Evening at Pop's

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Took my old Dad(Pop) out for his first thermal hunt on the ranch he oversees. I had been seeing 2 new boars on my pig pipe trail cam and was hoping Dad could at least get one thermal kill. Dad almost never brags but was the top M1 Garand marksman in the US Army at one time so I wasn't too worried about coaching him. Pop turns 80 in November but had no problem with the new technology other than me getting the diopter right for him. As you will see, he showed me up handily.

We had and amazing hunt, Dad is still talking about what a boaring night we had.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What an epic night to hold to memory !!! Hunting with dad... best of times for sure ! Congrats to both of you!

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Your dad doesn't waste any time when he gets on the trigger! Awesome story and awesome video!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"Old One Shot Pop" What a great time! Tell him He's still got it!

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep he's still got it!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What a great story, memories like that are priceless.

D

djones

old guys rock!!
sign0011_zpsoy8kqymu.gif

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go Jake, need to take POP all the time just to save ammo, call him the 1 shot 1 kill king!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Jake that DJ will send you to the poor house with all his misses!! Learn more from your Dad!

D

djones

i think what jake means is that under my expert tutelage i've put him on more hogs than he's ever been able to find before.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome night!! And to share it with your dad !! Congrats to you both and happy hunting.