El GATO the boar with 9 lives.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Many of you may remember the nice boar that continually teases me by hitting the same spot just 50 yards north of my fence line. He is the one I threw batteries at, made hog noises, dog noises and just plain yelled and would not move. Finally found the land owner and it was a no go for shooting he was worried about his cows so it looked like El Gato was here to stay and torment me.

Well this past weekend I decided to use this to my favor by using him as a model for all the nice IR Hunter scopes ******************* and IR Defense provided for testing. Sure enough there he was rooting and throwing mud in the air. I set up the shooting sticks and got the 35mm IR Hunter mark II out to record with first. Turned it on and El Gato was not there he never moves?!?!? Well I found him he was walking right to me!!! I put the crosshairs on him then realized I had not sighted the IR Hunters in yet oh no El Gato get another save.

I quickly get out the LWRC Six8 turn on the Apollo find him in the scope just as he slinks under the fence where I can shoot him and the DVR will not record grrrr it was on it was receiving signal but nothing I tried would make it record. This would be his ninth and final life though. As I watched him walk away I took out the dvr's battery and reset the thing hit record and bingo the red light came on yay!

El Gato had made it about 100 yards in the time it took to get things running but the gap was rapidly closed and I got to about 40 yards from him. He had found another rooting area in the tall grass, again I made noises just to get him to turn and look. El Gatos time was up a Hornady 120 SST smacked him in the neck he was DRT.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Loved it, finally you got him!!! All the property and one hog was your boggle but you whacked him and he was a decent hog too. Nice going. BANG BANG!!!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Persistence pays off again! Good job.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I really think he is still out there it was his twin you have been after!!!:) BANG BANG!!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You could have saved a lot of time and aggravation by saying "Here Kitty Kitty Kitty"

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that's a feeling of satisfaction right there !! Seeing one's nemesis go down... that's beer-thirty stuff ! You definitely earned that one. Nice you WERE able to get it on film. Thank you for sharing that one.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you really need a grunt tube, here hoggy hoggy is not working...lol Good job finally putting him down.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
score! Dang can u put a dent in the hog population on 44k acres?!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
score! Dang can u put a dent in the hog population on 44k acres?!

Yes they have already changed their patterns hardly ever find them on the right side of the fence here anymore. Won't wipe them out but can keep them in check.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great Story and Video. El Gato was a fierce opponent, even though it seemed he needed hearing aids. Good shoot.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great job, but I'm not too sure how much of a challenge it is to win over a hog older than you and deaf too. :D

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I love it when their head goes back and the mouth is open. DRT

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

chthump

LSB Member
Predator calling by TLM, when you lure them in with this unique, one of kind call, slowly reach into your backpack and grab the 123's, aim for ear.