either i'm getting older or they're getting heavier

D

djones

looked like this pig was going for the trap, but when the camera went off, he spooked so i took him. really surprised when he didn't drop. thought i had a one shot kill in the bag. rushed the second shot and missed. then had to wait for him to clear the trap. waited even longer when he looked like he would get closer.

half a second later the time was right and poured it to him. body shots didn't do it fast enough but the earholieo did the trick. had a really hard time moving this guy into photo position. he was old but solid. cutters worn off and curls were thick and mangled.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You are getting old. You should be able to grab that little fella by the scruff of the neck and toss him about effortlessly.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Big 'ol gnarly hog. Nice work on anchoring him. That first shot put a bad hurt on him... even that blue cross-hair gets a hit, once in a while.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
USE MORE GUN !!! My 300BLK is more effective than that.
Nice size hog. What would you guess his weight to be ?? --- pruhdlr

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dat wuz a purty big 'ol hog …

Good job putting it down!
Keep after 'em.

D

djones

You are getting old. You should be able to grab that little fella by the scruff of the neck and toss him about effortlessly.
doode, perhaps you haven't noticed.... but there's not even a caliber for that gun. it's a big deal

DQkVclp6y-eVcHVG8CWNonEz6Pgmg83XwLfi0tDXYYVU2MriY3eH-HVA7jKe7jmRCe4vUgjJwvFmTDLWYj6uStrEAOmoZBMJKE2nDH8vr_naYPHUT3aHjh_xDdST6uIag-OW5cQnFPxT5CeSRT2u3QyuxFZSAYuTFZqbHMMhk4kblzLLtGjSs7sYYcsa2Dqu61rHr3KYpvbzQtdZc9Tvb4CI_e_W9Xk1nMw92sIFmxTKwyf8uEsn6jDbW1q4Wdnf4qXIWyPdOPC_9i9lI5euAQeZiFCli8eEmNgTcfOKrjguVn63iqeFc0miMF3eWoMXjG7EQzI1BIRRh74bN50kA4PHSnRDF-qsh9f6k69Xd6GllF319a-y1teLUAKZ8UAEWKJN2e3FhGa1tIlhGLhby2Y1QB0D2LAmYT4VAVEPb4kb5w1vX5V6iqSDcWpI1lSTMPNezSjDVF3FBYyN_Bs7mTBjyI4QVPUVQQ5tbpb8rSHoQpvICoBgfhBvj_mMyxSF0gE0cFmSfkAPdbSAF5XM2LJP9ChIxDrOfDF47NijJmOM2TfLESR02N_lNnDe0tgzTgaC2IpFqgXYDIVGAGvHgSP6v36yMYHpnLG4zf4mNacWU6QvGP-LqHok=w480-h320-no

D

djones

USE MORE GUN !!! My 300BLK is more effective than that.
Nice size hog. What would you guess his weight to be ?? --- pruhdlr
pardon me if i just breeze by your first remark and get to the serious part... from his looks, 270-290 but dang he sure felt heavier!

V5wXLiVW6Ljg_Vng8vCO0AZhzNWcrj0F5CXiMPlI51vExz56ISuMLBvUuWQ9JzVCd1n2IDgwrfV1myoH39KV_tKJMIvuqY86MgUyA7_Nkz0EVzJ0vs2pwnNBuTWWm1-fIrVqi-bKQJApy2eY188mSQTwRJo6rQGLSVbDH84exTM_NBQn8W5qx7Ej0fKoAw9phLmGB2EgOgM7LSo3Q2HBZW0B9KeEtW7k-H3SBvVCSBbOrywDqDfdg5Mzu8nr4DAPz9snM3zrjeiijn5aYa5tR2OEohHrqQ-LkcjoApaQ5IaQVpSEmIGaD__XwoyIcey1dzjAytxJ9YzUGhTJwDSkpWoNjsDXqe2YSRKaGs8vlBIvtVZjLf3n7rHU1oh4E2o6JKBaafFfFX_h-oMcLxL7gJKuFgqk4FyPq2tsL9s68s0hcjP4idi5bH23_q9ZMed25a6OhWsZrciNfAS7ys3PPG-7-I9XhSTPBXVARMxtMuFqQFkvUkv6KyCGJ52bQBlvJ5uPI2CdEUNG2n3s6REJ3D4XGxkTKZLol4u_zPkVCEBKux__KQ-U8vyiR3XECnZNDjvtSeRwe1ewqTsjgxIqE2QAFM5frgkHD36NxlUqTVu8NcCUdeu8_7r1=w480-h360-no

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You know what 270-290 feels like? Not even going there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
did not know you were picking up the 200lb dirt clods you hit most of the time...hmmmm

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice one DJ. Those big ones are hard to put down.

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
looked like this pig was going for the trap, but when the camera went off, he spooked so i took him. really surprised when he didn't drop. thought i had a one shot kill in the bag. rushed the second shot and missed. then had to wait for him to clear the trap. waited even longer when he looked like he would get closer.

half a second later the time was right and poured it to him. body shots didn't do it fast enough but the earholieo did the trick. had a really hard time moving this guy into photo position. he was old but solid. cutters worn off and curls were thick and mangled.

Thanks for a great video... where's Todd been? Videos have been far few and in. Etween as of late.... aside from that MASTERPIECE in Cameron Texas with 107 down.... lol

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
djones, your still a youngin. About 14 years ago I killed a 230lb sow while hunting by myself. I drug her about 80yds while waiting for my buddy to show up. Not much problem.
Fast forward 12 years.. A couple years ago I killed a 225lb boar and my buddy and I could not even get him on the tailgate of my truck.
Yep . . . . . gettin' old really sux. --- SAWMAN