dusk and dawn

I start hunting at least an hour before dawn or dusk for hogs with an AR-10

• use quck mounts to switch beteen day scope and thermal scope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • use day optic and PVS7 / IR laser combo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Al Hamilton

I start hunting at least an hour before dawn or dark. I have the $1999. thermal scope and an AR10. should I just hunt with that thermal 100% or try to switch back and forth between a day optic using a quick mount?? another third option is two have two rifles one day and one night . I also have a PVS14 and IR laser 4th option for night time.

LSB Active Member
We have similar setups I use a 308AR exclusively 12 months a year and a Pulsar RXQ30/Nikon 3-9x. I stopped going out for hogs with the sun up b/c it's a waste of time here. It's 20:1 night kills over day. I have QD's on both thermal and day glass so can easily switch.....just stopped doing the day thing. I'm 30 minutes from the property and leave right at sunset. May not be a waste where you are, but it's like peeing into the wind here with sun out.

Al Hamilton

We have similar setups I use a 308AR exclusively 12 months a year and a Pulsar RXQ30/Nikon 3-9x. I stopped going out for hogs with the sun up b/c it's a waste of time here. It's 20:1 night kills over day. I have QD's on both thermal and day glass so can easily switch.....just stopped doing the day thing. I'm 30 minutes from the property and leave right at sunset. May not be a waste where you are, but it's like peeing into the wind here with sun out.
Are you happy with that unit? I have the ATN 19mm for $1,999.00 with the clarity leaves a lot to be desired.