Double Sow Plus 9

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No long story. I think the vid covers most of it and I have only had 2 hours sleep since yesterday. Don't know what happened to the video, exactly. Errr. Almost got a Sus Venator Sow - almost. Of course, she had 9 piglets on board. Do we count those in the total here? I learned that I don't like gutting big hogs. Both sows were donated to the disabled vet neighbor up the road. He was thrilled.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video! Good job and nice sows!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What caliber was the other shooter using Brian? looked like more than 2 were hit out of that bunch.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No long story. I think the vid covers most of it and I have only had 2 hours sleep since yesterday. Don't know what happened to the video, exactly. Errr. Almost got a Sus Venator Sow - almost. Of course, she had 9 piglets on board. Do we count those in the total here? I learned that I don't like gutting big hogs. Both sows were donated to the disabled vet neighbor up the road. He was thrilled.

Nice sow another smart one down! I don't think cut out piglets should count if they do I need to rework my counter because it would be around 10k by now.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DANG!!!! that was a mess of pig/s!!! Good on you guys. Couple dead ones plus a few more for good measure!! BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooting guys !!! And, nine bonus roasties too? Tender !!! I see Angry Bird's on parole now? Glad to see him back in the hunt.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Don't know what happened to the video, exactly. Errr.

Couple theories. No matter what we do, recoil wasn't part of the DVR specifications. Since you were using the MDVR and probably used the UNV cable prior to using mine, those little recepticles inside the DVR are weak and UNV for whatever reason sells cables with 3 ring 2 pole connector when in fact the MDVR and all others use a 4 pole 3 ring connector and that may stress the recepticle even more.

In order to eliminate the possibility of it pulling out if that was the case, use a rubberband to hold it right. I have not last video using my DVR, but don't have a many recordings as some of you, I did lose a coyote video with the MDVR.

You would think that if you had the plug facing you that upon recoil that it would push it in further. So I may have another theory, it may not be the cable, it might be the SD card losing connection during recording and recoil. This is most likely the issue.

I believe it doesn't move in/out causing the lost connection, it just moves around. There are a bunch of pins. If it loses almost any of these it will lose the recording. Each connection is just a standard spring clip, doesn't take much force to move them :

160122233.jpg

I can do some testing to see what happens on the bench. The only fix I can see is putting tape on the back of the SD card to make a tighter fit. May want to try next time. Probably just a piece of scotch tape.

Could be either the cable or card losing connection, but hard to tell, both cheap connectors in these DVR's.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Could be other components or connections in these DVR's also.

Battery connections are also suspect.

Last edited:

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good taking out the sounder before they drop.