Doesn't colt owe someone a gun?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mine has not come in. I'm in a situation here I waited for this rifle a long time. But for the price I could build three 6.8's I just don't know if its worth it anymore.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Mine has not come in. I'm in a situation here I waited for this rifle a long time. But for the price I could build three 6.8's I just don't know if its worth it anymore.

Still waiting on that thing? Man you could've waited for a Larue during that time. That sucks big time.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wanted to go back to .308 since I had an endless supply of .308 brass. And I love the fact that you can use any upper from .308 down but now with a w1000 and a SPRS-4 on the way I just cant that. But I still need another rifle so I can permanently mount the w1000 so I think I will have Dave build me a nice 6.8. Added benifit of another 6.8 is I can just keep the dillon set and crank out rounds without changing calibers. There should be some great videos coming from the w1000 and SPRS here very soon stay tuned to the new video channel!!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like a plan, an expensive plan but a good one.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like a plan, an expensive plan but a good one.

You only live once Frank and I'm doing what a man is genetically coded to do! And I love every minute of it that makes it priceless to me!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As long as you are happy happy happy

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wanted another 308 but I went a different route and got a barrel made in 358 Winchester. Even with that I always end up back at my 6.8

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When I can get a light weight 308 like the new DPMS I will make the move.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Which one is the new light weight. I see I can get the dpms sportical model shipped for a tad over $800. What ever I get need a 16" barrel max since ill have the suppressor on there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
One of the guys at work ordered a 901 about the same time as TLM... he's still waiting on his to come in too. He's getting tired of waiting... and has been doing some serious brain picking on me... I think he's about to start gathering parts needed to build a 6.8. (That's two from work I'm dragging over to the 6.8 club.) There's at least two other guys I've worked with there who are 6.8 shooters... not bad numbers for a work site that has a total of 240ish people rotating at one spot... from all over the nation.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TLM went a different direction I believe

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I gave up on it Dave built me a nice *** 6.8 upper and I got a safe for less than the 901. I may get a dpms if I want a .308 ar

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL.... my buddy at work sent me an email the other day, titled: "Maybe he should've waited just a little bit longer". His 901 came in while he was home on R&R.

I've also got him making his list and checking it twice for a 6.8 upper that he can slap onto his new gun... but, I suspect he's just gonna build a complete rifle instead. LOL

Vic901001_zps9e5b0af8.jpg

Vic901002_zps3977a158.jpg

Last edited: