Daylight hogs

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Went to a buddies property with him yesterday afternoon north of Katy off toll rd 99 around 3:00pm to do some plinking. Pulled in the gate and saw a sounder of about 4-5 adults and 15 or so piglets rooting around a wet area about 50-75 yards away. I guess they didn't hear the Diesel engine bc we were so close to the freeway. We jumped out of the truck. Grabbed our guns and made our stalk. I only got two shots bc they had moved off into some thicker stuff and couldn't get a good visual. 3, 2, 1, pew pew. I drop mine, he drops his. He keeps shooting as I scan for something to shoot at. He connected and blew the lower jaw completely off a sow. She started spinning and when she took off running I anchored her with a follow up shot. 3 pigs down in the middle of the afternoon. Also, I got stung in the back of my calf by a yellow jacket while trying to locate the downed pigs. IMG_7734.JPGIMG_7735.JPGIMG_7727.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7726.JPG
    IMG_7726.JPG
    266.1 KB · Views: 0

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job! Gotta love those daylight hogs!

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job destroying some piglet factories!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rockin Crocs ain't so rockin when you got rocks in your crocks or holes in your socks. Other than that...Good job!

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Crocs are okay camo to hunt with as long as you don't wear a white t-shirt! The hogs will see you coming a mile away!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
No comment on the Crocs, but good job on the hogs!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd be too worried about buzz-worms to wear crocs while hunting 'round there. Good killin' with the fashion statement. Don't wanna know whether you shaved yer legs though. LOL

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks gentlemen. The property that I had been hunting has dried up of hogs for the past several months. Fortunately, there are 3 other properties larger properties that I might be getting to hunt on soon. Hopefully that plays out well for me.

HotRod61

LSB Member
Went to a buddies property with him yesterday afternoon north of Katy off toll rd 99 around 3:00pm to do some plinking. Pulled in the gate and saw a sounder of about 4-5 adults and 15 or so piglets rooting around a wet area about 50-75 yards away. I guess they didn't hear the Diesel engine bc we were so close to the freeway. We jumped out of the truck. Grabbed our guns and made our stalk. I only got two shots bc they had moved off into some thicker stuff and couldn't get a good visual. 3, 2, 1, pew pew. I drop mine, he drops his. He keeps shooting as I scan for something to shoot at. He connected and blew the lower jaw completely off a sow. She started spinning and when she took off running I anchored her with a follow up shot. 3 pigs down in the middle of the afternoon. Also, I got stung in the back of my calf by a yellow jacket while trying to locate the downed pigs. View attachment 6516View attachment 6518View attachment 6519

Daytime kills are great. Good shooting. Any luck with baiting for coyotes?

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Daytime kills are great. Good shooting. Any luck with baiting for coyotes?
Nah, we left around 6 and didn't end up heading back out there. He went back two days later and it was just a bunch of bones and guts spread out everywhere. We might go back out there tomorrow night. Or maybe next weekend.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Plinking plans or not...

Always always ALWAYS have your boom stick in reach.

Cuz you never know.

Nice shootin’!