Davy Crockett National Forest Hunting

marineimaging

LSB Member
Saturday is opening day. I haven't been called for an interview so Thursday around noon I plan to leave for Davy Crockett National Forest and set up camp in the forested area. During deer season you have to use the designated camps but since it is not deer season yet I plan to hunt Thursday night for my hogs. Friday afternoon I am going to hunt again up until 10:00pm or so and then let it quiet down out of respect for the deer hunters for Saturday morning; of which I plan to be one myself all day Saturday. Anybody care to join me let me know by tomorrow around 10:00am or so. 713-725-0241 or marineimaging1@gmail.com.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good luck. I won't get out until the 11th.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Best of luck to ya, whack em and stack em.

marineimaging

LSB Member
I know this is a long shot but I am going to try it. A. Locate a tree stand heavy with acorns and hog sign. B. Suspend two LED camp lights over the site and turn them on about dark thirty. C. Locate a comfortable spot down wind and wait until they come to get the acorns. E. Shoot F. Shoot G. Shoot H. Shoot. Start over Saturday and A. Get up early B. Make a pot of coffee and some biscuits with gravy. C. Walk into the woods 152 yards from camp. D. Walk right up to a buck with a huge rack and some gray in his coat and whack him over the head with my legal firearm. E. Clean them both, ice them down, and F. be home in time for Church Sunday morning after changing the ice and brine solution. Is that a plan or what?

marineimaging

LSB Member
Well, that was a waste of time. I also went out this past weekend to SHNF and didn't see any sign. I admit that I was deer hunting but there was no sign of hogs anywhere that was not from last year. The acorns were not present where I hunted in either forest so does anyone know of a map or something that shows the regional growth of acorns? They were dropping at my home in Cypress but not in the forest so I need to zero in on where they are dropping. Any help would be good.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you got out!

marineimaging

LSB Member
Well, it has been a LONG time since I wrote in here. I am going to Davy Crockett this evening to hunt in the dark. I have YET to get a hog in the national forest. Have seen thousands of sign. No joke. But I still can't make myself violate the law. Now the state of Texas has made it directly illegal to hunt any property not yours without a written consent in your hand so that limits us to WMA's while one company has cornered the market on blue poison for hogs. They corner the market and patent the feeder and only they can teach the class. Only one representative has pursued it so I wonder if he got a really good kick back to take into..., I mean retirement with him.