Cross Trail Outfitters Night Hunting Success!

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Every time I see something like this it reminds me of an experience I had when I was drag racing during the late 90's. I had a beautiful black Firebird that was blinding fast, low nine second, 150 mph in the quarter mile and while I was in town at a friends business a little guy and his dad walked up to me and wanted to see my car. I opened the door and let him sit in the drivers seat and invited him to the drags that night. I didn't think he would come because you could tell they were struggling financially but the invite was sincere. Sure enough he made it and came by and I let him ride with me to the staging lanes. You should have seen the smile. Wow! Well it so happened that night I won and he came back to congratulate me and I asked his dad if he could ride with me to the starting line to get my picture made. We pulled up in the staging lanes and he stood by me while I got my check and picture made, then we pulled up to the starting line and made a pass down the track with him hanging out the window waving at the crowd. I don't ever do this as it is forbidden but for some reason I can't explain I violated the rules and did it this night. The crowd waved back and whistled at him and I don't think the little boy walked on the ground for a week. His and my picture were published in the National Dragster which I still have. Time went on and I had forgotten about this and about ten years later I was at the track racing and this BIG young man came up to me and grabbed me and lifted me off the ground and squeezed all the air out me. I did not know what to do except try to breathe. The tears were rolling down his face while he reminded me of that night and how it had influenced his life. I honestly don't remember what happened the rest of the night. It's about eighty miles from the track to home and I remember the tears poured the whole way.
So the point is sometimes no matter how small the gesture is it could make a big difference in some young persons life.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Suss told us UnoKay didn't have a heart.....we knew better.