Cree Kill Lights and Flashlights

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That level of Lumen is $10 online, I have a red and green.

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Does it come with a mount and pressure switch for that much?
I was just posting this cause $39. Isn't too bad for off the shelf.
If a sudden hunt comes up and you don't have time to wait for shipping, this is a great buy if you have a local academy and need a quick green or red light with pressure pad and barrel mount.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
True, if you need it tomorrow you gotta get it. I use a 1" QD on my little lights, so depending on their mount, can't tell you...but I never put anything on my barrel as it will change your POI. All my pressure switches are in a box with spare parts.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
actually cree is owned by a company in North Carolina I believe, it was a group of scientists at North Carolina that developed the Cree. I'm not positive, but I believe the Cree LED itself is made here in the USA, the electronic board it mounts on as well as the rest of the unit are made in China.

yes the Kill Light and others are Chinese, I got the no-name version over a year and a half ago and had posted on several sites...

the Ultrafires are some of the worst mis-labeling of capacity, depending what brand you got, if they were all the same, then most likely what you said as an example, 1000 and then 2000, may be correct, let me give you a for instance, AA Rechargeable batteries from China. I have two high end chargers for AA's, both can measure total capacity and the way you do this is charge completely, and then discharge, which will measure how much charge they had. I bought some 2000 mah batteries from china, the average capacity measured 350mah...so beware, I will guarantee you there isn't such thing as a 5000mah battery and most likely not a 3000mah, think about it, that's 3.0 amp hours...if you know much about batteries, that's hard to get in something the size of these batteries, unless somehow they have their own standard

its just like 14500 batteries, I run them in these small crew XML T7 flashlights I have, I can run AAs, but AAs are 1.2 volts, the 14500's are 3.7 volts and probably around 3-5 times brighter, measuring the 2000mah batteries that are out there, the do just over 1000mah....Chinese not only have no copyright laws, they can also lie besides stealing
That are a NC company on the cutting edge for LED. Any thoughts about laser illuminator?

cincoranchhntr

LSB Member
[quotein the same"Afalex1, post: 406, member: 4"]The first year I started night time hog hunting I used a Elusive wildlife XLR 250. I thought it was a little over priced, but did not have a clue about the china stuff. I didn't have a forum or group of people to help guide me in the right direction. I was just going it alone and coming up with things as I thought of them. FrankT you just helped a lot of people save some money and have great time hunting.[/quote]
I was in the same boat. I started hog hunting just last Christmas. It was shortly after killing my first deer. I used to be a fisherman, but am now a hunter. I have spent approx $2500 on all sorts of equip related to hunting in the last 6 months, including 2 Savage rifles. The first light I bought was an ND-1 sub zero laser illuminator. Bad choice as the laser beam spooked the hogs almost immediatly. I then discovered a few hunting forums and read about the Sniper Hawg lights sold out of Victoria, Tx.
I bought the 30RL and am very happy with it. However, I have since learned that I could have saved over $100 by getting one of the green cree adjustable 18650 LED flashlights as mentioned above. I have bought several different ones on amazon since then and have about $50 in them total while trying different ones. I do believe in buying direct when you are talking about cutting out the middle man. Even if these local suppliers only doubled their money, we would only be paying $50 instead of $150+ for these lights. I might decide to support the local business owner at that point.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you bet, I have 3 of them, you know, just in case...