Covert Strikes once again... Four!

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was thrilled with my Christmas Eve hunt, even though the 2 I hit who also squealed also ran away never to be found. I even asked the farmhand today if he saw any buzzards anywhere else other then the spot we left the two Wayne got. He said no.

I had dumped half a bag of corn and a whole bag of creep feed for calfs on our original spot to watch which produced nothing but deer to look at on the Covert game camera. I was off tonight at 6 and don't recall my phone dinging any alerts, but ran into town to put some cash on a debit card to make a purchase on a thermal spotter scope now available by Leupold via midway.

Once home I heard a ding on my phone, and pulled it out to take a look..... What Pigs! They have been at the spot since 6pm OMG! LOL

Go time! Change into camo, put on the gun belt and pack, out the door in 5 min.

All I could think was **** **** ****, why didn't I hear the ping on the phone. Sure there is a bunch of feed on the ground to keep them busy but they for sure are gone. How can I not go out and at least look.

I decide to drive slow, and keep the lights off for the most part to try not to spook them. Once in the gate I stop a couple of times to take a peek as Im cruising up to the bait spot. Sadly the spot itself is below grade, as most of the field drops low on the edges. I advance slowly to a 3rd spot to stand on the roof of the suburban to take a look with the thermal.

We have only cut and bailed 1/4 of this new field and the weeds and johnson grass are eye level in the rest. Thank God all the weeds and grass is dead after the last freeze and thinned out. There they are in a wallow! and its in range @ right at 100 yards give or take. I climb down to grab the bogpod sticks out of the truck and am back up. Yep still there!

Boom...... And there off once again. It just doesn't get any better then this. and home before 9 pm. All proceeds donated to the TBPS!

4 hogs.jpg

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WAY TO GO!!! One looked like it had some problems!! BANG BANG!!

The female in the back took 2 hits, yes the first blew her guts out. I reloaded the Rem 700 .308 after shooting 5 rounds at the first 3. The Shotes came back to play 5 min later after mom went down.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job, well done!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going! Those covert cameras are like cheating but sure do save a lot of time. Too bad I live in a cellular desert.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good on yaz !!! Nice to see four down !! Active factories are the best too.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice haul of hogs down!! Covert showing it's worth.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job Slim!

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The new Covert cam requires the use of a app on your phone, tablet, or computer. So far I can't share the pics on my phone, but just figured out how to down load them to my tablet.