Couple of hogs down with the Zeus Pro 100mm

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Got out to the lease to do some work on feeders and blinds and brought along my 12.5" suppressed 6.8 shooting 120 SST's and topped with my new Armasight Zeus Pro 4x 100mm 640 60hz thermal.

I hunted 3 nights and 2 hogs. I have video, but man is it ugly, I was playing with settings on the DVR and messed it all up, wish I would have caught it, but still fun.

The first night was in one of my new blinds I put up, I have a feeder in front of me and one behind so I can basically hunt any wind as the hogs will come on each from the direction the feeder is, for the most part, they will cross to the other one, but the idea is that they come from two different bedding areas and two different water sources, which has seemed to hold true according to game camera pictures.

Four hogs came in to the one feeder, two larger, two smaller, figuring the two larger were sows, I opted for the largest one, wrong, was a damn boar. One shot to the neck, he was down, didn't tape him, around 150-160 pounds would be my guess.

161170820.jpg

Plug for TCT, got a hat from BRD, figured it might give me luck.

161170822.jpg

Second night I went to another new blind I setup. Every night, before dark, multiple hogs coming in to the feeders, mostly towards the feeder to the river bottom, but I did a lot of work during the day and maybe they were bedded close by, not sure. Instead a lone boar, again I guess about the same size as the one the night before around 150 or so pounds, comes strolling in.

I hit him with a 120, down he goes, then starts doing a snout plow, so I whack him a few more for good measure lol.

161170824.jpg

and I couldn't resist...."Aw Man, get that off my back and head, its making my neck hurt".....

161170875.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A couple of fine boars there, nice chootin'.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good lookin' boar kills there Dave.
How are you liking your new 100mm scope?

Dennis

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Scope is great, firmware not so great. and when I got the scope believe I have the latest.

Here are a few things I noticed. Anytime you make changes in the enhancement menu's, you need to Nuc it when you come back out of the menu's as I noticed it will change. You can see this in TLM's video he did on the new firmware version when he Nuc's it and the tree's, cattle, etc. all change, mine does the same.

But what is really annoying to me is that you can't record brightness changes, then again looking back at my old video's, guess it never did.

But I think several other things are like this. I noticed if you change contrast, you better Nuc it when you come out of the menu's, as its going to change.

If I had a choice I'd go back to the firmware I had in my Zeus 2 years ago lol. Maybe TLM can weigh in here as he is closer to the changes than me. What are you seeing Todd?

Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job Dave! Good pics, good looking gun setup too, sure looks ready for some videos, oh well.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good shooting Dave. You guys are continuing to stack them up.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
looks like a good hunt ...

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooting Dave, liked the write up. Makes me glad I went with the standard Zeus now. I thought about stepping up to the Pro series, as I had just received mine when the latest greatest firmware came out for the Pro series. Glad I stayed with the 75mm. I got too many buttons/options to play with now. KISS till I learn what I'm doing anyway.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
II still have my 3x 75mm. The pro has more features a better scopescope. I believe I know what may be the issue, doing some research now.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Great shooting, nice writeup as well.

I wish a full program mode was available to the end user.
Letting the hunter play with the gain, lower temp, upper temp, and the DDE settings and saving them in a user mode 1,2.3,4 for different hunting conditions would be awesome.
But those are set by the factory, after all company knows best :(