corn feeder hogs

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Went out tonight to try my north wind feeder for the first time this year since filling it up.

I've not even been to check the camera in a while, but had a good feeling about it and had the right wind to do so. This property is a very thick jungle of the worst swamp and buck vine, thickets etc and the food plots are very small. Only very rarely do you get to make more than one kill unless there are two shooters shooting at the same time. They normally get to the brush instantly with the first shot.

So for tonight my plan was to have two curley shuffles from the same shot, and the hogs tried to participate straight away. Unfortunately, the second one ran out..... Just not fast enough to escape. I found two bullet holes in that one and definitely heard two hits as it was running off. The shot on the first hog was a little low, so I guess I'll just have to try again for a "double shuffle".

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looked good to me, I bet the second one is close..good going

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good shooting in such a tight area. Not much time to track them for the followup shot.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The way the second hog was stumbling... he's hurt bad (there). Nice double there. Congrats.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yes, I found both of them..

image_zpsfw9cuo4p.jpeg

image_zpsvdrevc7i.jpeg

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good deal on the recovery. Agree, the video looks like two hogs went down.
Congrats!

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wildfowler...you have been tearing it up lately! Great job!

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool video! That second one definitely stumbled. I love that cry the pigs let out once they've been hit! Music to my ears!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Squeal like a porker!!! Dang right. Nice going, you had them dead to rights on that one. Hearing them two hits was cool! Loved the last two shots just for kicks:) Nice going! BANG BANG!!

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've NEVER been called overly emotional or sensitive by anyone, so for the life of me I cannot understand why people get upset at killing hogs. While I would never intentionally cause unnecessary suffering in a hog or any other animal, I feel absolutely ZERO guilt at killing hogs or hearing their death squeal. If anything, I get a rise out of it since that lets me know that there is one less little piggy running around out there. My ex-wife call me a cold-hearted bastard. Probably the only thing, other than the kids, that we agreed on.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I didn't intend my remarks to sound like a criticism. I love hearing it too!

My wife on the other hand.....

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I didn't intend my remarks to sound like a criticism. I love hearing it too!

My wife on the other hand.....

I didn't take it like that. My wife knows I hunt, prepares the meat I bring home, and appreciates the fact we are eating free range food. She cannot stand to watch kill shots on hunting shows or she will turn her head when we go out hunting together when it is time to kill. She got all of the emotions I don't have.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job and another great video. Keep after em!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That third one said screw you I'm not coming out...I heard what you did to my buddies.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
'Coon skin caps in the making... just de-louse 'em and brain tan 'em up.