Coming to Del Rio around Feb next year, Where should I book a hog hunt?

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
My girlfriend and I will be coming to Texas next year around Feb. to do a hog hunt somewhere close to Del Rio. Flying into San Antonio...........

We can travel a 100 miles or so to go somewhere worth it to hunt.

What lodge do you guys recommend? I think it will be a two day hunt. Don't want any meat.
Want to use my .454 Revolver if possible.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Most of us are busy enough that next February seems like a looong ways away. I know Keaton Skidmore is doing some outfitting now just north of San Antonio I think.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Most of us are busy enough that next February seems like a looong ways away. I know Keaton Skidmore is doing some outfitting now just north of San Antonio I think.
He is actually around Wichita Falls. A looooong way from Del Rio.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DJones will actually move to Del Rio just to be sure you are set up and comfy.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Eric Garza comes to mind. He's the only one I know in South Texas. PM him.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
He is. Name is Egarza04. I haven't seen him post anything in a while, but he is sometimes quite busy. You can try to PM him for some info.

topwater

My girlfriend and I will be coming to Texas next year around Feb. to do a hog hunt somewhere close to Del Rio. Flying into San Antonio...........

We can travel a 100 miles or so to go somewhere worth it to hunt.

What lodge do you guys recommend? I think it will be a two day hunt. Don't want any meat.
Want to use my .454 Revolver if possible.

I'd say Home Page but you want to use your own pistol, which you'll need to talk to them about.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am thinking outfitters around Seguin or N of SA or towards the coast would be a better bet than Del Rio, never heard of a hog problem there

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Check Craigslist in that area.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You can also check on Texas Hog Hunter Association website. They have a listing of outfitters and the area they hunt.