combo Thermal / NV handheld

Discussion in 'Night Vision/Thermal' started by LAairhunter, Mar 13, 2019.

1. LAairhunter

LAairhunter New Member

Saw this on YouTube this morning, looks like Noblex / Docter has beat Pulsar in the race to make a hybrid thermal / NV device. I think we’re about to see some wild stuff in terms of digital scopes.

Mark

2. znztivguy

znztivguy LSB Member

Hybrid thermal has been around at least 5-1o years now....PSQ20.....COTI's on PVS14s and 15s....what's the excitement about.... NOW if you are saying cheap Combo's.....then that's another story

3. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

"Game change" is a cliche. It always seems to be used when somebody experiences something beneficial for the first time. Yes, they have been around for years now, but were pricey, but most were also higher end gear.

It will be interesting to see how good this one really is. EVERYTHING looks damn amazing at product shows that are usually indoors with controlled environments and everything is short distance.

In looking at the video, I believe they are using digital night vision which is what is helping keep the price down. In the video, they are not using the optic at night, but in some sort of partially lighted exhibition hall. If digital NV, then the NV is going to need a boost from an IR illuminator to be useful at night on many/most nights. Maybe I am wrong on this, but I can't find any information...

Disturbingly, "Noblex Fusion" seems to be difficult to find on the internet. This is the only return I found that seems to apply to a nv/thermal optic. I found the company website. It appears to be in German (mostly) and no mention of the Fusion is there.
    NOBLEX - Produkte

Anybody else have better luck?

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  4. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Senopex Ace fusion from 8 months ago looks very similar, even down to the basic size and shape, lens configuration, button layout, hand strap attachment, and focus for the ocular. I think these are licensed from one another or the same source.

Also see...
    Senopex ACE - Senopex Night Vision