combo Thermal / NV handheld

LAairhunter

Saw this on YouTube this morning, looks like Noblex / Docter has beat Pulsar in the race to make a hybrid thermal / NV device. I think we’re about to see some wild stuff in terms of digital scopes.

Mark

znztivguy

LSB Member
Hybrid thermal has been around at least 5-1o years now....PSQ20.....COTI's on PVS14s and 15s....what's the excitement about.... NOW if you are saying cheap Combo's.....then that's another story

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"Game changer" is a cliche. It always seems to be used when somebody experiences something beneficial for the first time. Yes, they have been around for years now, but were pricey, but most were also higher end gear.

It will be interesting to see how good this one really is. EVERYTHING looks damn amazing at product shows that are usually indoors with controlled environments and everything is short distance.

In looking at the video, I believe they are using digital night vision which is what is helping keep the price down. In the video, they are not using the optic at night, but in some sort of partially lighted exhibition hall. If digital NV, then the NV is going to need a boost from an IR illuminator to be useful at night on many/most nights. Maybe I am wrong on this, but I can't find any information...

Disturbingly, "Noblex Fusion" seems to be difficult to find on the internet. This is the only return I found that seems to apply to a nv/thermal optic. I found the company website. It appears to be in German (mostly) and no mention of the Fusion is there.
NOBLEX - Produkte

Anybody else have better luck?

Last edited:

znztivguy

LSB Member
If the cheapies cannot compete with tech from a decade ago...then even if cheap...I am not interested....AND IT IS NOT A GAME CHANGER...just one for your wallet....