Close call with a boar.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If it was night vision friendly I would have one. But the bullet trajectory and slow speed make it less than ideal for shooting hogs on the move. Not to mention the low round capacity.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, defiantly only good for shooting 1 or 2. As for night vision, I had a simple gen 1 on mine for a long time and my buddy still has an ATN ps22 on his and has a couple hundred rounds through it. Neither of us had any problems ever. Night vision has held up just fine

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, defiantly only good for shooting 1 or 2. As for night vision, I had a simple gen 1 on mine for a long time and my buddy still has an ATN ps22 on his and has a couple hundred rounds through it. Neither of us had any problems ever. Night vision has held up just fine

Well I could see taking the chance with a gen 1. But once you get the real deal I would not recommend it. It's like Russian roulette eventually you pull the trigger and everything goes black!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I would use it with an IR laser. Still not great for runners. I wonder how a dedicated NV scope like the sprs-4 with one if Ident's RC tubes in it would hold up. Surely the 458 isn't worse on optics then a 308 scar.

I'm not recommending anyone try this with their gear. Nor am I stating a sprs-4 with an RC tube can do this. I DO NOT KNOW. I'm only spitballing ideas.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's got the same kick as a 12 gauge. Not as bad as most people think. But I do think when I get my good NV I'll leave it on my 6.8

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When I make it out to Texas I'll bring it along and if you guys are close you can try it out and see what you think

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
IMGP0268.JPG 300 grain TTSX 458 socom at 25 yards

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooting. Gotta love the socom

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hog too!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice hog

Boar Buster

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That looks like the 525 gr Pile driver. I haven't tried those yet. The 300 gr TTSX and the 405 gr work great for me.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is, I haven't shot anything with them but they are fun to shoot. I have about 400 of them. I want to load up a batch and see what they do on hogs

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That boar was facing right at me. I was in an tripod stand and the blood in the middle of the forhead is the entry. He didn't ever twitch. He was my biggest at the time.

Harris hawker

LSB Member
That's an....
Eye popping hog!!

I saw that video on FB.
ghost gun be DAMNED!!!
There isn't enough 30 caliber 30round clip magizines to go thru in a 1/2 second for me to shoot with a pig that close!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice boar. Did you nic name him popeye?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I called him a bunch of things when my son and I were trying to load him into that EZ Go. Durn thing was heavy.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That kind of action will wake you up.