Circuit board torture testing viewed with thermal

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Decided to do some torture testing of my Power distribution board and thought you guys would like to check it out.

This board was designed as a power distribution board for 250mm sized drone.

During the testing I pulled between 100a - 200a through the board for the better part of a minute and while the board got hot, it had no failures. I suspect it could have handled more if I had used a larger battery.

This test was done with a car battery jumper box and the battery is all but trash after pushing it so hard. I've having trouble getting it to take a charge again...

After the testing I inspected the PDB with a magnifier to look for any scorching or damage. I couldn't even find any discoloration....

Pretty impressed with the Seek thermal for this project.

First video with wires connected to the ESC pads in all 4 corners. You can see how not as much of the current flowed to the front of the board through the board itself. Most went the path of least resistance through the 10g wiring.

Second test with the rear ESC wires removed so all the current was forced to travel the length of the board. This is a far more strenuous test than attaching motors to each corner as that would reduce the load sent to the front of the board.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that is pretty cool

in a hot sort of way!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OSO so,that board was taking 100 amps dang

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cook burgers on that thing? I'd say, passed the testing. Nice work there. Which style of frame?