Chopper was good trading Fodder

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So I traded a guy today. He got 1 coyote trap, 1 large hog trap and 1 lightweight hog trap. I got a new Spikes Tactical Ar15 with Red dot and 10 new Mags. But... I couldn't get the deal done until I offered up the Chopper. Sealed the deal that little guy. His 10 yr old son was with him and he and the Chopper were inseparable the whole time. Once again he is off to a new home. Pig had value. Nice.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Poor Chopper... kicked to the curb once again. No love for the little feller. LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great, off to another foster family, hope he and the boy grow up together!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank, I never saw anything like it. That kid was rolling on the ground with that pig, then Chopper was on this kids leg walking with him every step. He wouldn't leave him alone. When they went to go, the boy picked Chopper up and carried him off into the car. Chopper screams when ever someone else picks him up. It was almost bizarre.
Worst of all I could hear Keith Whitley playing..."It was love 10 feet away..lying somewhere in some shadowy place"....

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Now I'm going to miss the little sucker. The only son named after me.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey they will be best buds till chopper becomes pork chops...good going!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hope him and the kiddo grow older together!!! Good goin on the trade!! Hope they send some pictures!?:) BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got a nice Aimpoint CompM2 out of the deal too. I thought maybe it was a knockoff but after research it appears to be the real deal. Has the bikini caps and killflash on the end. Pretty nice. The guy is a firearms instructor for the military here so no garbage involved. Nice.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
:rolleyes:("I want a Chopper with a slow hoof... I want a piglet with an easy touch...")

miss-piggy-project-runway.jpg

Last edited:

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Brilliant.

And even better when sung as Elmer Fudd...

(RIP RW).

Last edited:

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
(Super Bowl commercial, 2021)

As an instrumental version of James Taylor's "You've Got a Friend" quietly plays, the pickup carrying a young boy and a piglet rumbles away. The drifting dust from the wheels slowly obscures RSD's view of the shoat licking his newfound companion's face.

He sighs, shakes his head and turns back to his TIG.

Five years go by.

Dark clouds now roll through a stormy Texas sky; lightning flashes menacingly. Garth Brooks' "Thunder Rolls" is heard as the camera pans to the leafy ground beneath an pecan tree, where the freak summer storm has felled an immense limb, now laying across the chest of an unconscious RSD. He gasps for each breath as hailstones bounce off his forehead. He is not long for this world.

Suddenly, a snout appears in frame! It's 310 pound Chopper, who was rooting in the area and has recognized his childhood friend. His eyes grow wide as he realizes the gravity of Dan's plight. The boar sizes up the branch, then drops his shoulders.

"He Ain't Heavy - He's My Brother" swells in background. Closeup of six inch whetters driving through the bark to secure a solid purchase, hooves dig into the mud as the monster hog takes the load from his buddy's chest and flings it clear. It rattles down the rocky creek bed.

Dan lies motionless. Raindrops trickle down his face. Chopper nuzzles his side, pushing against RSDs weathered jacket.

Yes! THAT jacket!

Flashback: From juvenile Chopper's POV, the jacket sails through the air, enveloping him. A moment later, the comforting embrace of his first true friend. Chopper's eyes narrow; he pushes more forcefully into Dan's ribs, compelling him to live.

Dan draws a deep breath, then another. He moans, eyes still closed. He's hurt, but will survive.

"You've Got a Friend" plays again, this time triumphantly. Our heroic hog gives a satisfied snort, then strides across the pecan bottom. He stops in a small gap in the brush, pausing for a moment to take one last look back at his forever friend.

PING! The music ceases suddenly. Chopper reels, in slow motion, as the Hornady SST pierces his hide, shattering his spinal cord. A few floundering kicks, and he's gone. Fade to black.

Open with shot of RSD at a kitchen table. He is safe and sound, but wet clothing and fresh scratches on his face reflect his recent ordeal.

A male hand, quite attractive, slides into frame holding a platter of fresh oven baked cookies.

"Don't mind if I do", Dan says. He grabs one and takes a large bite, nodding appreciatively.

"But what's for dinner?"

(Cut to black; LSB logo appears on screen as Lyle Lovett and Randy Newman sing chorus of "You've Got a Friend in Me").

Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was laughing so hard I was crying
The Lone Pun Man --You have missed your calling my friend.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you guys are too good...loved it

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
As soon as I can regain my composure, I will continue to catch up with the rest of the forum. sniff, sniff.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That is classic!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another GREAT story teller!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I saw this topic flash back up and was thinking Chopper was home again!